Open day, 15th of June

Mike King

Hi everyone,

Now the spring is underway (unless you count tonight as an autumn gale!), I would like to invite you all to see the collection.

New this year is the 'Ark of life' greenhouse with all CITES I Sarracenia inside, fully operstional!

Also, there are 45 new hybrids and cultivars that have all arrived from Japan. These have never been in Europe before amongst other acquisitions.

As before, food and light refreshments will be provided and there will be plenty of plants for sale and swap. I usually let a few rare ones go on the day.

Please let me know if you intend to come so to calcualte how many people to cater for.

Also, like in previous open days, please enter the garden from the big double gates at the back of the garden. Do not park directly in Field Close as it is getting too congested with cars!

Let us hope for some decent weather!

The guilty always casts the first stone.

A prickly character if ever I saw one just like those plants you grow lol.

Are you coming over again this year Steve?

Mike are you also coming down on the Sunday seeing as you will not be down Friday?

The guilty always casts the first stone.

A prickly character if ever I saw one just like those plants you grow lol.

Are you coming over again this year Steve?

Mike are you also coming down on the Sunday seeing as you will not be down Friday?

Oh yes and no kids that weekend and PJ Plants are not available that weekend so a visit to a very good indian restaurant is on the cards this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plants are looking great, and the hybrids much larger. The cold March seems to have halved the number of flowers and consequently larger pitchers especially on leucos and all the hybrids.

Here is something on youtube which was taken for a kind of preview. More videos will be presented on this weekend.

Hi Everyone,

Just as a reminder also to park in Queen Elizabeth Way, preferably near the flats as there are many unused parking spaces within 100 to 150 m away from the rear gates.

There are a number of rariities to get on the sales benches from unclaimed wishlist plants not on the price list..the early bird gets the worm!

454opendayparking1.jpg