Mike King's open day, Saturday 13th of October 10 til 2.30 pm

Mike King

Hi guys,

Just to confirm my open day at the earlier time of 10am.

All the leucos are in full growth now we have had some sun! Likewise, alatas, rubras and minors are looking good too.

As usual, food and light refreshments will be there on the day and the entrance to my open day will be via the Queen Elizabeth way entrance.

Please feel free to bring plants with you to sell or swap.

I myself will be dividing plants on request and there are plenty of plants left for sale on the bench.

Please let me know if you can make it so we know how many to cater for.

See you then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mike

I am hoping to be there but the night before I am at the Nottingham Beer Festival so all depends on how disciplined I can be in not having too much to drink. Bearing in mind that there are more than 1000 beers and 200 ciders available I am not hopeful.

Dave

Mike

I am hoping to be there but the night before I am at the Nottingham Beer Festival so all depends on how disciplined I can be in not having too much to drink. Bearing in mind that there are more than 1000 beers and 200 ciders available I am not hopeful.

Dave

Difficult choice! I've not been to the Notts beer festival for years, but I remeber it being pretty good. You should come to the Derby festival, it's at a much more sensible time of year :yes:

Hi Mike, me and the wife will be coming down from Derbyshire but won't arrive till around lunch time....hope there are still some plants left by then ;)

Cheers

Gaz

Hi Mike,

Hope to attend for about an hour in the morning as I am working at lunchtime.

I'm the guy who you chose the VFT for in Homebase and then I called in with Eira.

Here's the VFT after two months growth - repotted once :~

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?app=galleryâ„‘=5881

(sorry it's a link - haven't mastered the embedded photo thing yet!)

All the best,

Steve

The weather forscast is quite reasonable and the leucos have put on good size, despite the very dim summer. Some of the alatas are over 100 cm tall at the moment.

See you all there from 10am! Please also remember to Park in Queen Elizabeth way in the car parks next to the flats and not Field Close. The entrance will be via the large double gates at the rear of my garden.

Hi Mike, sorry a bit late...IT issues again. Thanks for your hospitality yesterday and of course for my new plants. It was great to see all your fantastic plants, hope some of mine can be that good some day. It was also a pleasure to meet some of the other guys from the forum and put a few faces to names.

Cheers

Gaz

Great to se so many of you; some have come from long distances, eg Steve from Ashfpord, Ben from Norwich, Dave from Hartlepool and John from Redruth. Altogether 20 people or so came along. Good to see some new faces here and also 3 local growers too.

See you next year.

Anyone make any photos on the day?