Forum Sales Negative Feedback

Andy Collins

• 3 years later...

Hi all

I sadly seems, that I have to report the first negative incident here:

A few weeks ago, a topic from Moritz, who offered "big and rare Nepenthes" interested me. Some big plants were to give away and I went for a "N. inermis - 20cm in diameter". After contacting Morittz and sorting out the details of the swap, we exchanged the plants (an older N. lowii of mine) during the mild weather 2 week ago.

Surprisingly, the N. inermis turned out to be barely an 10 cm rooted cutting, head freshly cut off. Asked about it, he first pretended some amazement and tried to turn it to the customs or the postman (they'll know a rare nepenthes for sure). After some mail conversation Moritz turned out to be quite impudent and impolite. Maybe a discussion with his parents will bring us further..

I find it very sad to cheat on other forum-members in order to get new plants and kept the half of the offered one. Surely Moritz lost all his reliability and accreditation and I'll always ask for a picture of the plant before a swap – unless the honesty is unquestionable! I do not want to blame schoolboy in general, but a bit of respect should be maintained toward older people, just being polite, I mean.. I still wait for an apologize.

Regards

Olivier

Hi,

the only truth about Oliviers complaint is that it is a very negative experience. The facts are completely twisted. He was not willing or able to listen to my arguments and he finally even refused to swap back on my expense to bring the whole "affair" to an end.Here are the facts: The plant I sent was complete and intact when I put it into the transport box. It would make absolutely no sense to send a damaged plant on purpose.

If it was delivered in a bad shape that must have happened on transport. I am not a detective to find out how this happened, but I immediately stated how sorry I felt and offered to take it back.

Olivier refused that and started to send long insulting letters, assaulting me of treachery and treason.

I have made many swaps before and never had a similary sad experience before. Whatever the reason for Oliviers strange behaviour might be I decided finally to send back his plant on my own expense and don't ask for my Nepenthes back.

I am afraid he might go on to brawl about misbehaviour and lack of respect for no understandable reason at all.

For me this strange experience is over. And I am convinced it will remain just an awkward exception from the friendly and truthful communication I have experienced so far in this community.

Moritz

Hmm, nice try, blaming me (?)

The reason, I refused to send back plants, is the cold weather. It will damage the plant during that week of transportation, as it has already damaged the plant I’ve got from you. I don’t want it back, above all you told me to have lost a part of your plants because of pests or something I don’t want near my plants.

As long as I’m "in this business", I never heard of something similar and cannot imagine, that the customs or the post service will open a parcel, remove a part of a plant and re-seal it, without leaving ANY trace like one would see if the adhesive strip is taken off. Also the plant was sealed properly with the exact paper tape you described..

I'm a reasonable man, but I still don't believe the "unknown opens the parcel" story. So if I "brawl" about this, I find it quite understandable.

I'm the bounced in this story, not you.

Think about it!

Olivier

Hi,

when I offered to swap back I never suggested a specific date or time. If you had accepted in principle we could have waited a few weeks and the whole senseless argument would have never even started.

For the first time you mention now that you were afraid of an infection by other plants. Not only does this come up rather late, it is also objectively absurd. I had told you that two of my plants that I keep in another terrarium in another room of the house might have gotten an infection. There was no possible contact between these plants and the Nepenthes I received from you.

Next twist of facts: Suddenly you argue that the damage to the plant you received was a result of the cold weather. Until now you always said that this was impossible.

I begin to suspect that all the arguing is not about real facts and problems, because these could have been resolved quite easily. It seems that, for whatever reason, you enjoy to fight and quarrel just for the fun of it.

I don't indulge in this sport. And that is the reason my patience to continue this conversation is over.

Yor plant is perfectly well packaged and sealed on it's way.

I don't expect anything back.

Good bye.

Moritz

Hi Moritz (How come, you write at 9.00 in the Morning, you aren’t in School?! )

I don’t see, how you think I twist your argumentation, I rather believe you don’t answer my objectives.

To pick up some of your arguments, i try hard not to twist them:

- Pest often show up after a certain time, as damages on a plant shows up later. Like a cold damage will show up a few days after a parcel arrives; or little fractions on the leaves turning brown. It shows now, that in all likelihood the plant is sick with some fungus. Luckily I know how to threat and have a real highlandchamber.

Maybe my assessment of damage IS late, but I think it’s after all not so “objectively absurd“.

- Then you said: “Suddenly you argue that the damage to the plant you received was a result of the cold weather. Until now you always said that this was impossible. “ I do not say, the plant I already got has a cold damage. It has signs of stress, like leaves turning yellow, that’s not likely, it was sent during a warm period. But the one you are sending will have one. That’s why I refused to swap back. You twisted that.

- “I have made many swaps before and never had a similarly sad experience before.”

During the day I had several E-Mails from other CPUK Forum member telling me about their experiences with you. They made similar bad experiences with you Moritz, as I did. You collect some astonishing species, expensive ones and hard to cultivate. A few months later, you offer them in the “sales & wants” and you try to swap them with other prestigious plants. It’s to check up in this forum easily.

So you wanted me to swap your N. inermis to a N. villosa! Boy, think!

Other members had swaps and received some ugly and sick plants. Moritz is doing this systematically!

Admis, please let others tell their story! This boy has to be stopped!

- “I begin to suspect that all the arguing is not about real facts and problems...”

I’m annoyed about your fraud, then your promised a “big and really nice N. inermis” that turned out to be just a jocke.

- “... because these (problems) could have been resolved quite easily.”

Yes they could, Moritz. With an excuse!

Give my best regard to the one who’s improving your English (Alex?) respectively writing for you.

Olivier

As I said: I am not going to further comment on this.

To repeat nonesense does not make it more credible or plausible.

I have done my part to put an end to this paranoia and I don't think anybody is interested in ever ongoing further fantasies.

My main interest is to deal with plants, some people prove that this dedication is a wise one.

Moritz

Good, let’s put an end on it.

1: Stop being impolite to me, stick to facts and to the topic. I’m not paranoid (I have a head-cut-off N. inermis at home and still no explanation about it)

Prove:-> http://www.firstiwasblind.ch/oli/pics/1002500.jpg

2. "... I don't think anybody is interested in ever ongoing further fantasies"

Everybody, who is a future potential dealer with you might be interested to know you’re a fraud. This is what this topic is for, to warn people.

3. Show me "some people prove that this dedication is a wise one"

The ones, who are angry about you behaviour and had some unpleasant deals with you are getting more. My mailbox fills…

Face it, you are a FRAUD and a CHEATER. Start showing some regretts!

I'm on weekend now

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Guest Armando

There is a german e-bay seller offering CP's time to time. Uses the nicks cliviamueller, buechergeier and I don't know if any other more.

A few months ago, I ordered some plants from cliviamueller. The first time everything was OK. But there was a second order, and this time the plants took 19 days for delivery. You can see how they arrived:

A Pinguicula completly disappeared:

muellerplants01.jpg

Two Nepenthes just dying:

muellerplants02.jpg

Another Pinguicula loosing its leaves. Died a few days later:

muellerplants03.jpg

The seller offeren one single delivery method, of his choice (regular mail). He sent the plants in time, but the mail service failed (but again, this was his choice). I sent the photos to him, but just got many silences and a few evasives. Completly refused to assume any responsability.

Today, I've seen that he is selling CP's again in eBay. In my own experience, if everything goes fine, you won't be disappointed with your purchase. But if there is any problem, you can't expect for any response from that seller.

Guest Aidan

You should use the eBay system to report the seller. The items as they arrived were not what you ordered - ie dead/dying plants!

It can take some time, but if you persevere you may get a refund or replacements.

Guest Armando

Thank you, Aidan. But here comes the second part of this sad story...

Since they were a PayPal 'protected' items, I asked them to help to solve this. Yes, they were different than described, a dead plant is quite different from a living one. Isn't it? That's what I told them.

After more than one month, I got a e-mail from PayPal asking me if I managed to agree something with the seller. They also added that I should reply in no more than three days. I did in a few hours.

One more week later, I got a new e-mail from PayPal. They said that I didn't reply to their prior message (what wasn't true). For that 'reason', they closed the case...

Why did PayPal act like that? I don't know, but I wonder if that seller is much more interesting for them than myself, due to his transactions rate...

Then I tried to report eBay, but all the above exceeded the 60 days that eBay allows for that, so I could do nothing.

Kafka wouldn't have done better... :shock:

• 1 month later...
Kafka wouldn't have done better... :roll:

The PayPal buyers protection sometimes works...

The problem with PayPal is the fact that your complaints end up in huge call centers and nobody really cares. It might work well, but once you are one a wrong track, somebody there made a wrong entry, did not read your complaint correctly, etc. you are lost...

I once made a very bad experience as well.

Bye

Andreas

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have to report a bad buyer again:

and sacha:[/color][/b]

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/profile.php...file&u=3123

Sascha bought a Cpehalotus for 12€ incl. postage to Spain from me.

After sending the plant he never answered any PMs or eMails.

Certainly it is safer to recieve the money before sending the plants, but in Germany the opposite is common. In the German Forum I had never such troubles.

Kind regards

Giovanni

• Like 1

Sorry to read this Gio...

Perhaps a lesson learned here to first await the arrival of the money, before sending out the plant(s).

Since this Sacha carachter only posted three times on the forum, i must say that perhaps you could have seen this comming...

Not to put the blame directly on you, but to point out that care must be taken when dealing in this way.

Of course if the person was a more "Known" forum user, things c(w)ould be very different.

And when dealing with a certain person multiple times, and building a certain trust over the time, then this is more safe to do.

"Trusting" in general is a nobel characteristic...but unfortunatly the world crawls with fiends :!:

As you can see i'm not a very trusting person myself..i blame it on my proffesion(as said before).

I always have to deal with the worst in people, and that sure doesn't help.

Anyway,

I hope that maybe things will be sorted out eventually...

Regards,

Danny...

• 1 month later...

Hi to everybody,

I want to give a very bad feedback to pedro ernesto, because we had arranged an exchange of seeds through registrated letter, I sent to him the seeds with registrated letter, and he has told me to have sent the seeds with the registrated letter, but he has not wanted to give me the nr. of his registrated letter, while me suffered I sent him my nr. of the registrated letter, has sent him many messages to ask him because his nr. didn't send me of the registrated letter, but he has always pretended of nothing, they are almost rather now 2 weeks that he doesn't answer me anymore: a little serious person!

Obviously " his seeds " have not arrived never to me!!!!!!!! :laugh:

• 6 months later...
Hello, I have many problems with extreme-plants.eu. What do you think about this page and webmaster? Thanks

The web site may not be the best (a few too many pages to go through before you reach what you want). But Gert (extreme plants) is VERY GOOD. His plants are healthy and larger than usually found for the price. He is also very friendly and helpful.

If you are having a problem then contact him and he will sort it out. You also need to realise that not all web sites are a full time buisness, so if Gert isn't replying, he may be on holiday.

This is one of the better CP suppliers IMHO.

The web site may not be the best (a few too many pages to go through before you reach what you want). But Gert (extreme plants) is VERY GOOD. His plants are healthy and larger than usually found for the price. He is also very friendly and helpful.

If you are having a problem then contact him and he will sort it out. You also need to realise that not all web sites are a full time buisness, so if Gert isn't replying, he may be on holiday.

This is one of the better CP suppliers IMHO.

I emailed them with an enquiry last week and got a reply from Gert within a few minutes.

Asked Gert several questions few days ago, he always answered promptly and friendly. All within the same day.

Also no problems with his plants - in fact it is him who made some very nice and rare species availabe.

I am sure you will soon find a way to solve your problems.