Ebay nepenthes seeds

Guest barry_smart

Let me guess Phil, unwanted gifts 2008, newmodel1500 and brentwood bargains, to name a few?

:suicide_fool-edit:

Amori - and anyone else who has bought any of his seeds. Please PM me your email address and I'll send you all the details I've found. I think we should all make a formal complaint (the same complaint) to Ebay about this guy and possibly consider contacting the police as well.

But lets share details privately first.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in contact with some of the sellers who have previously suffered at his hands.

Do any of these names ring a bell with anyone - Jasper Cornad (not sure if that should be conrad ?) or Jasper Knight ?? - these are both names he has used previously. One person phoned him and only got his MUM, so suspects it's a kid under 18.

He seems to live in the Brentwood / Ilford area of Greater London / Essex.

Lets find this shister. :P

The slow drip of facts continues.

He now admits that he doesn't have any of the plants and claims to have bought them wholesale. Dispite originally claiming that the mac's and eddies were his plants and the hamata came from a friend in Germany

Now we all know the only Edwarsiana and Macrophylla seeds previously offered in any quantity were fake. But who has every seen hamata seed offered in bulk.

So if anyone was still in doubt that they were fake. Be in doubt no more.

Dear All,

For several reasons I have held back from replying in any detail on this thread but now that someone has been named by Phil, I feel I have to speak out. The suspect mentioned by Phil is indeed a severely deluded teenager and was banned from posting on this forum several years ago. Around this time I was selling plants on my website Treesmill Tropicals and he made several small orders that were paid for. Over time his orders became more expensive and he began to ask for rarer plants, eventually he made a very large order which thankfully was never delivered as it was cut short by a phone call I recieved at home from his mother, who kindly explained to me that he had been using the internet for ordering items without consent or importanly for me without funds to pay for anything. His delivery address (which I still have) was indeed in Ilford, Essex and as soon as the seeds from the recent Ebay sale arrived I suspected that he was behind this (as Amori mentioned in one of the earlier posts on this thread).

Now at the very same time as the Ebay sales appeared I coincidentally had a private email from one Barry Smart asking about my recent BE order (advertised on this forum). The sleuths out there will immediately realise that 'Barry SMART' (or so he thought he was... Lol) actually started this thread and drew attention to the seeds for sale on Ebay. Great idea Barry get everyone to see them and then get them bidding. Did anybody notice the date that Barry joined this forum? Well it was the day before the sales on Ebay appeared and his location...Essex. Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but as my private mail correspondance with him increased, my gut feeling was that our friend Barry SMART was not what he pretended to be. Why, anyone who starts ordering high value rare plants totalling £300+ after claiming they have recently returned to the nep scene does raise suspicions in my book. I've sold hundreds of neps over the last 8 years and I could name nearly every serious grower in the UK who has spent or would spend over £120 on a single plant and unfortunatelty our friend Barry had never been one of them. So what, that doesnt mean anything you cry, yep you're right but it does make one suspicious and it starts to fire the cells in the old grey matter and it took me back to the days of the silly orders by our named suspect.

Like several other members I was already convinced that the seeds from Ebay were fraudulent, in fact I was from the moment I saw them listed. I mean come on male and female hamata, edwardsiana and macrophylla all flowering at the same time....please. Still, like everyone else I was prepared to take the risk and have a gamble, hey if they were real they would be the bargain of the century. I forgot to add that during this period of time I was also trying to start a dialog with the Ebay seller just to squeeze a bit more info out of him about the seeds and I asked him for his private mail address. To my amazement he sent it and I suddenly thought that maybe he was genuine. However, despite sending me his address he never once replied to any of my mail, but what I did notice was that his mail address was [email protected] which was also similar to our friend Barry SMART [email protected]. Again it could be coincidence but I've never had mail before from @live.co.uk and now I have two idependent correspondents in one week at time when my grey matter is doing some serious overtime.

Then to my incredulity I received an email on Friday in which I was now convinced that the Ebay fraudster had inadvertently revealed himself to me. Was it a mad butcher from Whitechapel, a travelling salesmen from the US or the drug fuelled nephew of the monarch? Sorry my imagination got the better of me its getting late. The mail came from our good friend Barry but in it he revealed his secret identity as that of Jasper Knight. In it explained that he had been banned from the CP forum some years ago, but wanted to post on it to draw peoples attention to the rare seeds on Ebay. I have to state here that he has not mentioned or admitted to me anything about being involved with selling the Ebay seeds. What I am implying in this post is my own considred opinion, you guys can form your own. From this I am also convinced that the BE order that Jasper aka Barry NOT SO Smart made was to be paid for by the proceeds of his sales of the fraudulent Ebay seed. For info he hasnt paid for this order and is probably not likely to, which means that I have now ordered nearly $500US of plants in his name. So in addition to the Ebay seeds you can see I have several good reasons for giving our young friend Jasper a good kicking and since I have his address is not a bloody bad idea...

S

Edited by Simon Lumb

Guest barry_smart

Simon lumb, you have been refunded.

Philip green, you have an email from me and upon your reply will be shortly refunded.

I must confess I did claim to have the plants myself when I purchased the seed from germany and malaysia which was sold to me as, edwardsiana, hamata and macrophylla (from two different suppliers) I am germinating these seeds as I was quite (most probably stupidly) convinced by the seller.

Naturally I can understand you are all very upset about this and I can only apologies and refund all those whom I have wronged, either way you have your money and IF the seeds are what they were sold to me as you may even have some very rare nepenthes to add to your collections!

Simon you also have an email from me regarding the BE order.

Best Regards

Jasper Knight

It seems he still can't resist pushing his luck. His last message yesterday said I would get a refund "however only on the condition of the feedback removal".

I suspect his mother has been far to lenient with this lad in life :suicide_fool-edit: and he is used to getting his own way if he shouts long and loud enough :D About time he grew up and learnt what the real world is like.

It looks like PaPal may have to take the money back, but we'll see.

How does this suggest I am lying about the edwardsiana seeds?

As I said I can take a screen shot of the payment through paypal so I can prove that I did buy these.

I'll leave others to decide whether they believe you based on the feedback you leave for others.

Well that's CONCLUSIVE PROOF that they are NOT what the seeds are claimed to be.

Apart from the fact that our Jasper (yet another eBay name :sun_bespectacled: ) claims in his feedback not to have received them. Had he bothered to read the post that Amori mentioned WAY back in post 2, as he claimed he did

Thanks, that link was useful, I'll make sure I'm careful about buying anything

Thanks

Then he would know that hillside_garden, was just the latest name change (now Jasper would know all about that !!) of gmember99 who (going back numerous name changes) has been well known for offering seeds in large quantity of very rare species. People either don't get any seeds, or they get mirabilis (or similar common) or nothing ever germinates (probably treated to make sure they don't). So, had Jasper mentioned originally that he had bought the seeds from this VERY WELL KNOWN FRAUDSTER, nobody would have "touched em with a barge poll".

STILL WAITING for my refund - he can't seem to understand why I won't TRUST HIM and remove his bad feedback first.

Jasper - just be a man and accept you got conned. Just rewards for the way you have been treating other ebayers. Call it fate.