Repotting

Skullkeeper

I usually wait until Valentine's day to do anything but it's so mild this year that I really don't see why not. Mind you, it isn't going to make them come on any faster so unless you're trying to get a head-start on a massive collection there isn't any need.

As Alexis says J. Arthur Bowers is good I have used it for several years. Just be careful of Westland peat if you see it, they dont always declare fully whats in the bag, they have in the past admitted they have mixed the peat with old grow bags and the like, with bad results for CPs.

Cheers

Steve

does any one know a UK stockist for Shamrock Irish Peat Moss ? of a good alternative ?

thanks

Here, http://www.no1gardenproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=182 .I've just finshed dividing and repotting the Sarras, the peat is good,well this batch anyway, only had to throw away just a couple of little lumps so far.

• 3 weeks later...

in the past, when i have repotted vfts, i have found that the whole plant often goes black and dies back. new traps eventually start to grow, so it's not like the plant is destroyed, just its growth set back. does this happen for anybody else? am i repotting them wrongly? i try and do it pretty carefully, trying not to disturb too much of the roots, etc.

• 1 month later...