Christmas lights on dewy pine

elgecko

I took this picture of a leaf unrolling on my Dewy Pine with the sun behind it. I liked the way all the dew captured the light. Looks like little Christmas lights.

133DewylightsHQ.jpg

Wow that's beautiful. Are you sure you didn't photoshop the twinkles in it though? :shock:

I'm sure there is no twinkles done in photoshop.

I stayed home today from work because I'm sick. I went in the kitchen this morning, were I grow this plant, and noticed the sun glistening off not only the dewy pine, but some sundews as well. I thought this looks like a neat shot.

Was expecting a plant wreathed in fairy lights as an early decoration...very relieved to see this is not the case :-)

As for it being too early for the 'C' word, Nottcutts has most of its indoor space devoted to the Xmas display already and has had for weeks. Obviously this means finding basic gardening essentials like propagator lids impossible as all other stock's been moved to make room for baubles. Had to go to B&Q - how ironic.

Hi, elgecko

Great photo, I was expecting some artificial lighting too I must say.

Aidan, I guess you have not been in a Wyevale store since the second week of September, its been the 'C' word in there, since back then..

:wavey:

Langy

I get to say it every year...

Bah, Humbug...!

I just wish I didn't have to say it this early! :mrgreen:

I remember when I used to have Sky, that QVC the shopping Channel had "Christmas in July" ! That really was depressing... :roll:

cheers

bill

Nice photo, but it's way too early to mention the 'C' word...

I second that!!

I avoid garden centres at this time of year because of the way they overrun the places with decorations for sale. They must lose a lot of business because of it. Garden centres should be for plants and garden stuff, not fake trees and tinsel. :roll:

More a nice spring type of picture to me :D

Thanks again for all the comments.

I updated the photo. My second shot I took is actually clear then the one I used to post. Also I did not compress the photo as much.

that would make a lovely christmas card! Would you mind if I printed a few copies and sent them to some friends? (not Aidan of course!) Do you have a high quality image you could email?

thanks

How high quality of an image? I have a TIFF saved that is the same size as the one above that is 1.7MB. Have high speed access? :roll: