cephs back home for the summer

ada

Richard,   I keep them INSIDE for winter.(my house)

i learnt the hard way a few years ago and lost nearly all my cephs when i left them out in the greenhouse all winter and the frost killed most of them.

They had survived down to minus 7 or 8 previous to this but below that and they're dead!

ada

Beautiful plants Ada, I brought mine in for the most part but soon found mildew making an appearance so out they went again, then back in, out, in....... You get the picture!.

I have my fingers crossed for some decent growth this year, last year proved pretty lack lustre and not even one flower spike :-(

Richard,   I keep them INSIDE for winter.(my house)

i learnt the hard way a few years ago and lost nearly all my cephs when i left them out in the greenhouse all winter and the frost killed most of them.

They had survived down to minus 7 or 8 previous to this but below that and they're dead!

ada

Oh, I damn well remember that, wiped out my collection also bar two plants. If you recall, it was an extended freeze that went on for about five days, they can stand an overnight freeze, but like you I no longer take that risk, as soon as viscious weather appears in they come.