s6000366tb0.jpg

w600.png

Nepenthes burkei:

s6000372yl0.jpg

w600.png

Nepenthes spathulata:

s6000376zv9.jpg

w600.png

Superb photos and very beauticful neps François.

I really like the strange shape of the kampotiana pitchers, the campaulata, glabrata and danseri all really stand out for me too......though they all look great :thumbsup:

Heather

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words,

Giu, I agree N. glabrata is a very nice species.

Mark, I 've got two different kinds of setups.

If you guys don't mind, please check those old pictures of my setups on the following links as I don't have new pictures to show:

My lowland setup:

http://www.lhnn.proboards107.com/index.cgi...amp;thread=1275

My highland ones:

http://www.lhnn.proboards107.com/index.cgi...amp;thread=1576

friendly,

François.

Very nice looking setup François and excellent Neps as always :)

Do you grow your campaulata in your lowland tank?

Have you added any fans yet? I have found in my small tank that when I used an aquarium heater in the water at the base it gave me too much humidity which in my case caused the plants to become very soft and the tips to go black! So ended up switching the heater off and just let the light heat the tank up. But wondered how you avoided this problem?

look forward to more photos!

cheers

bill

Very nice looking setup François and excellent Neps as always :)

Do you grow your campaulata in your lowland tank?

Have you added any fans yet? I have found in my small tank that when I used an aquarium heater in the water at the base it gave me too much humidity which in my case caused the plants to become very soft and the tips to go black! So ended up switching the heater off and just let the light heat the tank up. But wondered how you avoided this problem?

bill

Hi Bill,

Those words coming from you mean a lot to me.

Yes, I grow N. campanulata in my lowland tank.

I struggled for several years with this species. Then I order a new plant and set both the previous and the latter plants under totally new conditions. Both are doing very well, now.

They are in pots made for aquatic plants (how do you call them in english? These are the "basket-like" pots with holes), in bright light. I put the plants in a very open mix and let the soil dry fairly between two waterings.

I have added ventilation and I have noticed clear improvement from tricky species such as pervillei, madagascariensis and... campanulata.

I can't scientifically explain why they grow better with ventilation but it's a fact.

About the humidity problem, I think you should try to set a passive ventilation by letting a wider opening in your terrarium for example. I had the same problem with one of my highland tanks; I just dont close completely the sliding doors (I let 5 mm/1cm on each side) and the humidity has dropped a bit.

François.

WOW ~ That's a great collection of species nepenthes ~ That is an amazing photo with glabata pitchers sitting all over on green moss ~ I really wanna see my jacq pitchering as neat as yours ~

Good Growing ~

Sincerely, Avery