Rain Rain Rain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

who knew the uk was that dry....

I ran out of water a while ago and gave them tapwater once. The one time didnt hurt them, so when it rained again I immediately replaced all the water. I think our tap water is soft enough to do this for once.

3 hours ago, Tropicat said:

who knew the uk was that dry....

I ran out of water a while ago and gave them tapwater once. The one time didnt hurt them, so when it rained again I immediately replaced all the water. I think our tap water is soft enough to do this for once.

Using tap water just once shouldn't be a problem, it's the buildup over time of minerals in the soil that causes them to kick the bucket.

Luckily I still have some rain water left over, but some leaves (or animals, hopefully not) must have gotten in the tank, because it smells horribly foul. Distilled water it is, then!

Went to Dobbies today had tea and cake and asked at the aquarium centre about RO water

they sell 25ltrs for £3 and he showed me a RO unit I can buy for £90 so will wait till I have

run out then get a week of their RO water and hope it rains if not will have to invest £90 keep you posted

11 minutes ago, Deltatango301 said:

Went to Dobbies today had tea and cake and asked at the aquarium centre about RO water

they sell 25ltrs for £3 and he showed me a RO unit I can buy for £90 so will wait till I have

run out then get a week of their RO water and hope it rains if not will have to invest £90 keep you posted

Wow that's cheap water, I'm paying £25 for 50 liters of de-Ionised water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, B52 said:

Wow that's cheap water, I'm paying £25 for 50 liters of de-Ionised water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's  down to dobbies for you RO water 208 Ltrs for £25 :yes:

Edited by Deltatango301

Lol, I've been paying way to much!!!! Lol.

The rain has been relentless here all day. Managed to drain off some of the water butt into other storage containers. Just in case we end up with an Indian summer :rolleyes:

I had just commissioned my ro unit yesterday ready to start the loborios task of filtering as my two water butts and countless storage vessels had run dry. 

I was on night shift last night and thankfully it rained all night so when I got home I was going to decant the full butts back into the storage canisters in case of more rain.

To my dismay the rain divertor going to the biggest butt was blocked and the butt was still dry .....

At least I got some in the smaller butt to hopefully see me through to next downpour.....

10 hours ago, Blocky71 said:

To my dismay the rain divertor going to the biggest butt was blocked and the butt was still dry

I had this happen recently to the one off my house roof - so annoying!

Had to go up the ladder and blast water through the length of pipe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blocky71 said:

To my dismay the rain divertor going to the biggest butt was blocked and the butt was still dry .....

I was lucky I checked all my pipes and unblocked them the day before the big rain

Edited by Deltatango301