I look for Amercan sites that send carnivorous plants in Italy

REPLEK

I look for Amercan sites that send carnivorous plants in Italy

thank you at all

excuse for my english

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

You must be fully conversant with CITES and also plant health (phyto Sanitary) rules.

Why don't you order from european Selllers?

Christan Klein, Thomas Carow, Andreas Wistuba, Kamil Pasek, there are so many sellers with huge lists of CPs!

Best regards,

Paul

thanks Paul

but I'm looking for American website because in Italy many plants can not be found :confused::lol: :lol:

What CP's can be found in the USA but not in Europe?

For shipment in Europe you don't need Cites, for shipment from the USA to Italy you need much money and luck.

Best regards,

Paul

for example in trade and sales area I'm looking for the Sarracenia "Doodle Bug" but nobody has one

while in American websites while there are a lot

best reguards

Daniele

S. "Doodle Bug" appears to be available within the Europe, as it appears on several growers growlist, including Mikes'. Importing it from the USA would be very expensive and complicated, due to the required paperwork.

S. "Doodle Bug" appears to be available within the Europe, as it appears on several growers growlist, including Mikes'. Importing it from the USA would be very expensive and complicated, due to the required paperwork.

then tell me you do not know if any site that provides plants for Italy with the necessary phytosanitary certificates?????

then tell me you do not know if any site that provides plants for Italy with the necessary phytosanitary certificates?????

I came across this place in the US while googling that distributes world wide. They supply the certificates at a cost and you need to supply the correct import paperwork. At $75 plus handling charge and minimum plant order of $100 I would have thought it's not worth it. I have no experience of these sellers.

I came across this place in the US while googling that distributes world wide. They supply the certificates at a cost and you need to supply the correct import paperwork. At $75 plus handling charge and minimum plant order of $100 I would have thought it's not worth it. I have no experience of these sellers.

thank you very much

I looked at importing from Triffid Park in Australia a couple of years ago and got registered with DEFRA etc., but finally the costs made it not worthwhile. Here are the costs of that exercise.

Cost of plants in order £383.00

Shipping 20% £ 76.00

Insurance £ 62.50

Import licenses (x2) £118.00 £59.00 per species

Customs 3.5% £ 19.00

VAT (2011 20% in UK) £110.00

Blood, sweat, tears £plenty of that.

Costs and rules may be different outside the UK.

Do yourself a favour and ask Mike King, and others that grow it, to put you on their waiting list, yes you'll wait a couple of years but it'll be worth it in the long-run. There are lots of fantastic Sarracenia that are cheap and easy to buy and will bring you just as much pleasure.

You'll get your plant in the end.

Have a great Christmas

Tricky

I looked at importing from Triffid Park in Australia a couple of years ago and got registered with DEFRA etc., but finally the costs made it not worthwhile. Here are the costs of that exercise.

Cost of plants in order £383.00

Shipping 20% £ 76.00

Insurance £ 62.50

Import licenses (x2) £118.00 £59.00 per species

Customs 3.5% £ 19.00

VAT (2011 20% in UK) £110.00

Blood, sweat, tears £plenty of that.

Costs and rules may be different outside the UK.

Do yourself a favour and ask Mike King, and others that grow it, to put you on their waiting list, yes you'll wait a couple of years but it'll be worth it in the long-run. There are lots of fantastic Sarracenia that are cheap and easy to buy and will bring you just as much pleasure.

You'll get your plant in the end.

Have a great Christmas

Tricky

But if your order is greater than £300...maybe £3000, then it would be worth.. :)

BTW i can understand REPLEK's request. Many plants are already available in EU, but waiting lists are very long, and sometimes it would take ages before you can get your beloved plant... (like 8 years) Furthermore those who already have particular plants, doesn't want to give them away (I can understand, if you wait years for a plant, you will wait years for make it available, in order to have a nice clump). This is an endless story...

In my opinion, laws that rules these "exchange" are too strict!! :happy:

But if your order is greater than £300...maybe £3000, then it would be worth.. :)

BTW i can understand REPLEK's request. Many plants are already available in EU, but waiting lists are very long, and sometimes it would take ages before you can get your beloved plant... (like 8 years) Furthermore those who already have particular plants, doesn't want to give them away (I can understand, if you wait years for a plant, you will wait years for make it available, in order to have a nice clump). This is an endless story...

In my opinion, laws that rules these "exchange" are too strict!! :happy:

Yes if you have a spare £3000 it might be worthwhile, I started at £1000 but when I found out it would cost nearly £2000 with all the costs I had to reduce, most of these costs are percentages, so go up in proportion to the size of the order. I think if your order looks like a commercial order you might find a whole new set of problems and costs. Maybe a consortium would work, I tried that approach and only had one taker from this forum. Of course if someone else cares to try it I would go along for the ride, but generally I'll stick with what I can get, when I can get it.

The rules are tough but are there to prevent the spread of pests and diseases, that could harm farming over here, not to limit the spread of plants within our hobby. It's is very frustrating to see all those great American hybrids and not be able to get them. Such is life.

Tricky

The rules are tough but are there to prevent the spread of pests and diseases,

And rightly so. Imagine how anoyed we all would be if our beloved plants suddenly started to die, just because someone had imported a diseased plant, which had rapidly spread to everyone else's.

Most of these 'must have' plants are only must haves because they aren't available. There are plenty of just as nice (if not better) plants that are readily available - but less desirable because they are 'common'. It's human nature, we tend to prize that which we can't have the most.

I know not sure whit sarras but self polinated seeds give normally the same plants like the motherplant ,can you sarra crossings cultivate on this way?

Meaby then you can order seeds of them?On this way it s match cheaper,

Cheersz Will

With species maybe - but hybrids NO.

Sorry for asking,but now i am very intresting why not?it s only from 1 plant! Is this not the same like motherplant?

You can not even cross this seedlings togheter becausse she are one plant ??????? So it s by other genus ,so why not whit this?

It s meaby a stupid question but i not understand what s difference whit other plants ,are sarras so different then other plant species?This seedlings must normally all looks like te same like the motherplant whitout any difference between seedlings,what s the reasson why not?

I know when you must cross 2 plants ,you have match different seedlings ,but whitout this?

What in this case whit all the seeds that are selling under cultivar names on the forum and mention self polination?I buy a lot off these whit the idea she are the same like the motherplant!!!!!so this can not????

I have buy allways selfpolinate seeds becausse i have think she are the same like the motherplant,my seedlings that i have are still to small for seeing difference so i not know this,

Cheers Willy

Edited by will9

from everything I read I think it is impossible to order plants from America or very expensive

Thanks to all

Hi Daniele,

Its not that exciting a plant to look at.

H56 Sarracenia x "Norman Parker" is a much better clone, as is H78 Sarracenia x 'Rudolf II' from Mirek Srba is as well if you like domed shaped pitchers.

Hi Daniele,

Its not that exciting a plant to look at.

H56 Sarracenia x "Norman Parker" is a much better clone, as is H78 Sarracenia x 'Rudolf II' from Mirek Srba is as well if you like domed shaped pitchers.

HI MIKE

are yours these plants?

H56 and H78

Do you have photos of these plants?