Drosera monticola

It's always nice to see another pics of tuberous drosera from the wild :-) I am not familiar with this exact species. How high can it grows? It looks smaller in comparsion with D.stolonifera. I could say 10cm max???

Hi Greg,

the mountain where these plants grow on top is about 800m. I cannot say much about the conditions other than i experienced on that day. The plants have all been growing in only a very thin layer of substrate. The day we have been there has been quite cloudy, no sunshine at all but some rain. It was relatively wet there, but no standing water. The temperatures should have been around 10°C i would guess, so not too warm but also not too cold. I would not be too surprised if the temperatures will go down to only a few degrease above zero in the middle of the winter. In summer it will most likely be bone dry there. Other plants we found growing there were Drosera huegelii, Drosera erythrorhiza ssp., Drosera galnduligera and Utricularia menziesii.

I am cultivatiing this plant since about three years and i can't see a difference to other members of the Stolonifera-Complex, i just treat them as i do with my other tuberous.

Miloslav: The plant is a memeber of the stolonifer-complex. It is a small plant and not even 10cm tall.

Christian

• 3 weeks later...