Red Piranha?

mantrid

The seller is one I trust but agree it doesnt look like red piranha - perhaps he put the wrong pic up?? I've contacted him to ask.....

EDIT - I have bought red piranha from this seller in the past and mine are true to form, his original plant actaully came from Trev several years ago so the source is obviously trustworthy!

Heather

Hi guys

Not the same plant but I found this B52 on ebay just the other day. It's quite cheap I thought, so I asked the seller if the plant was the real deal. The seller told me the original plant was purchased from someone in Germany but I was still unsure as to the plants pedigree. Then I noticed at the bottom of the advert the seller added this comment:

many people have been asking the question, Is the plant an original B52 and not a G16, i have named this item a B52 based upon the following websites:

The seller goes on to list a number of sites with B52's pictured. So now I shall steer well clear as it seems the seller has named this plant B52 because it looks similar. Could this person just be misinformed?

Here's the link to said plant if anyone would like to look for themselves.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dionaea-muscipula-Ve...=item20b28c2f39

To anyone thinking of buying this plant I would think carefully about it first. Could be a genuine B52 but I wouldn't want to take the risk.

Cheers

Lee

If you're sensible, you'll buy the plant as it is so cheap, but not label it as B52. And tell the seller. It looks like a good big healthy one.

But some guffon is probably going to buy it, label it as B52, and there we go. We have a false B52 in circulation.

Of course, going by looks is no way to tell whether it is a B52. That must be told to the seller as well.

Edited by James O'Neill

I would not buy this vft as you cannot label it as a B52, unless you can be totally sure its a B52 it should not have this label. I cant believe this guy has looked it it and thought 'hmm looks kinda like a B52 so I'll give it that label' - imagine if everyone did this - we'd have so many in circulation that are fakes! Opinions are so subjective that you cant do this.

If you want a vft that you can only label as typical because you cant be sure its any particlar clone then go for it.

For anyone else reading this I wouldnt buy any vfts from this seller if he is just naming plants them as he sees fit!

I would not buy this vft as you cannot label it as a B52, unless you can be totally sure its a B52 it should not have this label. I cant believe this guy has looked it it and thought 'hmm looks kinda like a B52 so I'll give it that label' - imagine if everyone did this - we'd have so many in circulation that are fakes! Opinions are so subjective that you cant do this.

If you want a vft that you can only label as typical because you cant be sure its any particlar clone then go for it.

For anyone else reading this I wouldnt buy any vfts from this seller if he is just naming plants them as he sees fit!

I saw this ad and sent him a message telling him what he was doing is wrong. He got quite shirty with me telling me I shouldnt be sending him emails moaning at him. So I reported the ad to ebay.

I saw this ad and sent him a message telling him what he was doing is wrong. He got quite shirty with me telling me I shouldnt be sending him emails moaning at him. So I reported the ad to ebay.

:sun_bespectacled: I don't think he could do much in the way of CP growing - if he can't take advice, he can't do anything.

sadly LJ i feel this is just getting worse and worse year after year, the world of VFT's is well and truelly F****D, i cant see the original RP as my works comp wont let us on ebay but i have 3 different plants all passed on to me as RP the one is the real deal but the other 2 are just redish sawtooths maybe i should give them a name and get my 15 mins of fame!! (don't worry i wouldn't any passed on will be labelled as fakes)

sadly LJ i feel this is just getting worse and worse year after year, the world of VFT's is well and truelly F****D, i cant see the original RP as my works comp wont let us on ebay but i have 3 different plants all passed on to me as RP the one is the real deal but the other 2 are just redish sawtooths maybe i should give them a name and get my 15 mins of fame!! (don't worry i wouldn't any passed on will be labelled as fakes)

I think it's come to the stage when we can only buy or trade our VFTs with serious collectors or dealers with an impecable reputation like Trev. We all have to stay on the ball-"buyer beware". It is a shame.

Edited by petesredtraps

I can't get over it - why would you name a VFT 'B52' simply because it looks like it? It also looks just like a bog standard Joe Snapps VFT to me :JC_cupidgirl:

££££$$$$$$$$ bog standard VFT £1.99 B52 £10+++ I think is the answer but i think alot of the naming of un spectacular clones is down to 15 mins of fame, everybody wants to name a plant but very few want to actually put the work in and spend years crossing etc to get a truelly different plant.

The guy selling the B52 which he named after seeing pics sent some lame excuse back along with a rather rude note!!

Actually mailed someone else who was selling B52 seeds and they sent a lovely note back thanking me - they werent aware they couldnt be grown from seed.

Trev - I'm not sure how the plant could be fake though if he originally got it from you........

Also I emailed you back - let me know if you didnt get it, you know what my emails like sometimes!

Its a nice red vft but clearly not red piranha.As said before you should ALWAYS buy from a reputable dealer or you could be throwing your money away on a lookalike.Thank god for this site where all the reputable dealers seem to dwell : )