Petiolaris Drosera / U. menziesii

Nicest D. caduca I've ever seen! (Actually the only nice one I've ever seen...) Others are looking superb too. No need to say how nice the U. menziesii is, it speaks for itself.

Hi Matthias ,

Very,very nice plants!!! :thumbsup:

I like your D. aff. dilatato-petiolaris 'Accacia-Flats, N. of Kings Cascades, Kimberley'!!

Really nice red coloured. Thanks for sharing.

Iggy

Very nice plants and photos, Mattias ~

my D. aff. dilatato-petiolaris turns out to be a huge plant especially it sended out several new growths months ago ...

Sean is right ~ My caduca look like a mess, too ~ Yours is simply gorgeous ~~~

Do you mind telling us your growing condition ??

Sincerely, Avery

Hello,

thank you for the nice comments!

I grow my Petiolaris Droser in a terrarium (120x60x60cm) in my flat. The plants are illuminated with 4 x 39W T5 fluorecent bulbs (spectral color 840 and 865) with a distance of 30cm. The daytime temperatures are always above 30 degress - at the moment ca. 35 degrees. Of course it drops at night but not lower than 20 degrees. The humidity ranges between 50-80 percent. For soil I use a mix of peat, perlite and sand of different size. Especially for D. caduca I hold that this species benefits from moderate fertilizing (from time to time with leaf fertilizer and of course flies when I have some ready to hand). To provide a constance air circulation I installed a two fans which run day round.

Best regards,

Matthias

Edited by Matthias