After:

dsc04884w.jpg

dsc04886w.jpg

N. rafflesiana var. gigantea:

dsc04904h.jpg

dsc04901l.jpg

dsc04902u.jpg

dsc04944r.jpg

What I suppose to be a cross between N. rafflesiana var. elongata and N. rafflesiana var. gigantea:

dsc04112dl.jpg

A so nice variant of this variety, with wavy leaves:

dsc04839n.jpg

dsc04836j.jpg

U. minutissima :

dsc04880c.jpg

dsc04827a.jpg

U. bifida:

dsc04950g.jpg

D. burmanii:

dsc03715y.jpg

dsc04823q.jpg

Edited by Vince81

Hello,

I'm happy you appreciate them :D

Very very nice!

I assume you had a good guide to show you the good spots??

I've been in Brunei for only about a month but I had enough time to see and to do some nice things, thank to more than "a good guide" :wink:.

wow, really impressive.

Also nice to see some natural hybrids.

Are some of the Nepenthes and Drosera growing in pure quarz sand?

Hi Dani, yeah, some hybrids were particularly lovely. Even the classical N. x hookeriana (I forgot to post a picture :D ). The "wild approach" is obviously pretty responsible of that, as I didn't use to be a fan of hybrids.

Indeed, N. rafflesiana and D. burmanii are found mainly on pure quartz sandy areas. N. gracilis also, but, this one grows everywhere :wink:.

I found N. albomarginata and N. mirabilis var. echinostoma in sandy places too.

Fantastic plants, makes me want to move to the tropics :)

Cheers

George

I share this feeling ;-).

What the h... are the ampullarias doing on the top of the trees??

Amazing, thanks for sharing!!!

You surely know already that N. ampullaria has a partial detritivorous diet. It develops carpets of basal pitchers, but also some aerial clumps of basal pitchers which grow directly from the stem. I saw many N. ampullaria which were several meters high, but, with absolutely no pitchers at the extremity of the leaves :-). Very funny.

Lovely selection of plants, and nice photography. Is that a bat in that rafflesiana? If so, I haven't seen that before ... nice find.
Absolutely stunning photos! Thanks for sharing. Presumably, the bat was roosting in the pitcher?

Actually, two bats were in the pitcher. Even if I'm not sure the word "mutualism" is the best one to describe this interaction, you must be aware of this:

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/con.../rsbl.2010.1141

So glad to finally see the "Giant" form of N. raff again! It's been a few decades since I saw one like that! Does anyone have this in their collections yet? - Rich

I hope some people grow it, as it's an impressive beautiful plant. I would like to have a greenhouse to grow them.

Edited by Vince81

Wow, these photos are awesome! The plants look amazing in their natural habitat.

I can't really tell which is the best, all the plants and photos are great.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting these photos. It seems that you managed to find a great number of different lowland neps on your trip. I love the variation within N. rafflesiana, the plant with fringed leaf margins looks very interesting.

Regards,

Christer

Amazing pictures. THanks for sharing. I love the wavy leaves variant. I wish that variety can be introduced in cultivation somehow. How many plnts looked like that? Was it just a single individual?

:O I can't beleive how many variants and hybrids there are! Spectacular!

It's really cool how large these plants get in the wild.

I agree, from my point of view, a pitcher of a Nepenthes was something which was rarely larger than my hand :woot:... the pleasure of growing Nepenthes in a terrarium.

Hi Ries. I'm happy you liked them ;-).

Thanks for posting these photos. It seems that you managed to find a great number of different lowland neps on your trip. I love the variation within N. rafflesiana, the plant with fringed leaf margins looks very interesting.

Indeed, this one was very beautiful. I'm not sure it was a unique specimen, as I didn't check a lot of this variety, but, I saw only one.

Guest Andreas Eils

Rafflesianas, Gracilis, Ampullarias, Bicals...how boring!!!

No, I only wanted to tease you! :wink: A trip to the wild populations is always rewarding as we can see here again. Impressive plants, Bical and Raffs are among my favourites anyway. But that Raff x Echinostoma hybrid is just mind-blowing! :ohmy:

You´ve done a great job as a photo reporter! :wink:

Thanks ans bye,

Andreas

Rafflesianas, Gracilis, Ampullarias, Bicals...how boring!!!

No, I only wanted to tease you! :clapping: A trip to the wild populations is always rewarding as we can see here again. Impressive plants, Bical and Raffs are among my favourites anyway. But that Raff x Echinostoma hybrid is just mind-blowing! :yes:

You´ve done a great job as a photo reporter! :rolleyes:

Thanks ans bye,

Andreas

Hahaha, nice to hear from you Andreas :biggrin:. Thank you.

Indeed Fernando. There are also some other species of Nepenthes, but, I didn't have the opportunity to see them. Nevermind, I was already completely satisfied :-).