EEE 2011 . Chester Zoo

Tim Bailey

Be careful that the zoo doesn't mistake it for one belonging to the chimps :lol::moderator:

Good point! :yes:

I'll wear a paper bag over my head, with a cute baby giraffe drawn on it, and fluffy ears for a cunning disguise.

That way, I'll evade the zoo (and psychiatric) dartgun squads and provide even more incentive to draw the babes in... :flag_of_truce:

How could they resist now? :roll:

Edited by Vic2

Hello, another female here :moderator::flag_of_truce:

I belong to the spanish carnivorous plant society, is it going to be free my entry too?

Thanks

Yes, full details to follow. However, there is likely to be an administrative fee for overseas cp societies as we will need to post out tickets. No cost to UK CPS as they would receive tickets in our normal postings, so would not be an added cost. Won't be much.

Excellent news and credit to the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. Am a bit worried about Chester though - I live in Hereford and we all think they are in breds up there! need to do finger counts.

On a serious note though - I have all the information for places to stay, access options etc ffor restaurants in Chester for any other wheelchair users who may want to go.

Dear all,

So far the EEE 2011 is looking very good, well done Tim and Dennis. As 1 of the founders of the EEE I hope I'll be able to be there too.

I must commit it was far from easy to choose which country/society will host the EEE 2011. The 2 Tsjechien CP-societies, Darwiniana and CCP both claim the EEE of 2011 after the split up in 2007. Very pitty.

After a little chat at Leiden, during the ICPS, last August, we decided to give the CPUK the EEE 2011. The Chairmen of the CPUK, Steve Cottel was also with this discussion. The night after the chat I e-mailed Phil Wilson the good news

Very curious about the show, like slide-shows, exhibition and perhaps a fieltrip?

Once agian, very good so far Tim and Dennis!

Take care,

Wouter Noordeloos

Edited by Wouter Noordeloos

Dear all,

So far the EEE 2011 is looking very good, well done Tim and Dennis. As 1 of the founders of the EEE I hope I'll be able to be there too.

I must commit it was far from easy to choose which country/society will host the EEE 2011. The 2 Tsjechien CP-societies, Darwiniana and CCP both claim the EEE of 2011 after the split up in 2007. Very pitty.

After a little chat at Leiden, during the ICPS, last August, we decided to give the CPUK the EEE 2011. The Chairmen of the CPUK, Steve Cottel was also with this discussion. The night after the chat I e-mailed Phil Wilson the good news

Very curious about the show, like slide-shows, exhibition and perhaps a fieltrip?

Once agian, very good so far Tim and Dennis!

Take care,

Wouter Noordeloos

Good to hear from you Wouter. There will be a great exhibition, lectures and working out a filed trip + lots more. News to follow as soon as I can.

Best wishes

Tim

Now I've never met anyone who grows CPs before, so I want to see if you are all as mad as you appear to be :woot:

How abouts I bring along some sketches and do a bit of business :2095:

More barmy than you could possibly imagine, Jimmy boy!! :wall3:

But, being older than you, we just don't care... :wink:

CPs are our passion, and I learn something new - and make a new friend - every trip.

A fascinating hobby all round.

See you there, or be very square, Jimmy!

(Please humour my attempt to be very hip and with-it, James;

I just don't know any better, as my teens like to remind me) :roll:

I'll save up all year for this - I will then have enough to buy some plants I really want...and yes, I will have to get the plants past my dad....who will have a watchful eye on how many I buy...maybe if I hide them up my shirt.

But it sounds like it will be amazing, and I can't wait.

I'll save up all year for this - I will then have enough to buy some plants I really want...and yes, I will have to get the plants past my dad....who will have a watchful eye on how many I buy...maybe if I hide them up my shirt.

But it sounds like it will be amazing, and I can't wait.

Just don't say how much you paid :smile:

Your dad doesn't have to know that the tiny nepenthes was 50 euros :laugh:

I will have to get the plants past my dad....who will have a watchful eye on how many I buy...maybe if I hide them up my shirt.

I've just had a backflash to the first 'Alien' movie:

Jimmy meeting his folks, with a suspicious bulge in the front of his shirt... The shirt ripping open, and a huge VFT bursting out... Aieee!

Tell you what, Jimmy - hide 'em down the front of your trousers...

Your Mum will faint at the sight of you, and your Dad will kill himself laughing.

So both hurdles overcome with ease! :P

Or...

Stuff 'em down the back of your trousers:

Then no-one will dare come near you, especially not downwind... :D

Ever-Helpful of Letchworth

(My parents had trouble with me, too) :P

Edited by Vic2

Jimmy meeting his folks, with a suspicious bulge in the front of his shirt... The shirt ripping open, and a huge VFT bursting out... Aieee!

Your Mum will faint at the sight of you, and your Dad will kill himself laughing.

So both hurdles overcome with ease! :sick:

Or...

Then no-one will dare come near you, especially not downwind... :sick:

(My parents had trouble with me, too) :wink:

I think you are finally loosing it Vic. I've just phoned the men in white (or is that the men in black)! :wacko1:

So both hurdles overcome with ease! :sick:

Or...

Then no-one will dare come near you, especially not downwind... :sick:

(My parents had trouble with me, too) :wink:

:lol::wacko1::lol::sick::lol::wink::lol:

Oh geez......oh geez oh geez oh geez....I'M the one killing myself laughing...

Edited by James O'Neill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello

I know, all the details will follow. But could you let me know please, which is the nearest or best airport there from where you can reach Chester Zoo with public transportation, so I or hopefully a group of us can book well in advance, since the prices with easy jet or ryan air are usually more reasonable if you book well ahead of the departure time.

Thank you, best regards and I'm happy to visit the uk after some 20 or so years again...

I'm convinced it will be a great Meeting with so many members from the uk.

Urs

Visit My Website

The CPS has the honour of organising and hosting the prestigious European Carnivorous Plant Exhibit & Exchange - EEE 2011.

The event will be held at Chester Zoo on 2-3 July 2011, right into the heart of the Zoo. We are very grateful to Chester Zoo for agreeing to have us, and for the help they have offered to make the EEE 2011 a very special event.

Further information will be posted on a regular basis, along with a dedicated contact address.

I will be acting as the Sub-committee Chairman/Project Executive for the event and Dennis Balsdon will be the General Secretary/Project Manager.

A website will be provided this year along with an outline program of events. Full details will be published no later than the AGM, and preferably earlier.

Today's note is simply to inform you of the event. We look forward to posting news on the EEE 2011 as it comes, including how you can get involved. We actively encourage plant traders/professional nurseries to take part and would welcome interest from holders of National Collections to put on a display.

Kind regards

Tim

Tim Bailey

Newsletter and Journal Editor"

Hi

There are two airports close to Chester Zoo: Liverpool (John Lennon) airport and Manchester International airport.

From Liverpool airport there are numerous and frequent bus/coach services to Liverpool City Centre and Lime Street Railway Station where you can take a train to Chester. Details can be found at http://www.liverpoolairport.com/from-airport/by-bus.html#Bus.

From Manchester Airport. Arriva Trains Wales run a direct train service from Manchester Airport to Chester every 15-20 minutes. Train times can be found at http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Home.aspx.

From Chester railway station you can take a taxi (10 minutes to the Zoo) or take the free City Link bus to the city centre then take First Group Service 1 to Chester Zoo. Buses run every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday and every hour on Sundays

Hope this helps.

Dennis Balsdon

Edited by dennisB