Repot or let it keep going ?

zombypc

Howdy folks. Looking for some advice...

I've had my sundew a few years now and after pruning the dying appendages at the bottom of the sundew , I'm left with the stalk looking like this (see images)..

Should I repot and sink the stalk down into the soilor leave the stalk exposed as it is ?sundew01.jpgsundew02.jpg

Agreed.  But there's a little one next to it which I'd take out and pot up separately.

If you wanted to you could repot the larger one.  It wouldn't hurt it, and you'll need to pot it into fresh medium at some point anyway.

Guy

Just to clarify (I'm being dense).

When I repot, should I leave the stalk above the soil level ?

or should I assume it's now becoming a root and put the stalk under the soil ?

I'll be transplanting the young-un for sure :D

I'd repot the small one at the level it is at the moment, and repot the larger one a bit further down in the compost than it is now.

These are fairly resilient plants, and yours look healthy, so should survive whatever you do to them.  Within reason!

Guy

• Like 1

I cut the top off my broad leaf capensis as it had got very leggy and within 4 weeks new growth had appeared from both the stem just above the soil level and underneath soil level.

They can die back to below ground level in wintertime if it becomes cold enough

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, zombypc said:

Howdy folks. Looking for some advice...

I've had my sundew a few years now and after pruning the dying appendages at the bottom of the sundew , I'm left with the stalk looking like this (see images)..

Should I repot and sink the stalk down into the soilor leave the stalk exposed as it is ?sundew01.jpgsundew02.jpg

i would leave it as it is .. only problem is you see the tips turning brown.. thats because theres not enough light in that area..so id put it outside  to get the full natural lightings