2017 Largest Dionaea Trap Competition

Hannahraptor

2017 Largest Dionaea Trap Competition.

The biggest trap competition has returned!

1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes to be announced. Prize donations welcomed. Please PM if you're able to help.

The competition is open to anyone worldwide but the prizes can only be sent within Europe.

Please read the rules carefully before posting.

The rules are:

The trap must be photographed parallel to the camera, with a clear plastic ruler (in millimetres) in front of the trap, the trap is to be measured across the side just below the teeth, the teeth are NOT included in the measurement. As pictured:

This picture must then be PM'ed to me, (link in my profile) or emailed.  A second picture must be taken without the ruler and sent to me the same way. If you prefer to email your photograph, please PM me for the email address. I will post all the measured pictures on the thread on the closing date so we can see who the winner is. Pictures must be taken this year. You can enter as many times as you like. Competition ends September 30th.

May the biggest trap win!

H

B52xShortT2012.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Bunn said:

This is great.  One question.  Should the trap be open or closed? I've always wondered that in previous competitions.  

I don't think it matters as long as it's measured flat against the front of the trap. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for entering guys. :biggrin: All cracking vfts!

Congratulations to the following 'biggest trappers'

1st   Matze

2nd  RickyM

2.5nd Rik

3rd   Stu

All entries appear below with rulers. Please could the three winners please send me your address details for posting of prizes. Prizes will be donated by Mike King, Trev and myself.

Werds

werds2

Stu

Stu

Rik1127

Rik_1127

RickyM

Trap with RulerRich

Nigel

Nigel1

Matze

Matze2

Dunc

Dunc4

Dunc

Dunc1

Bluedog

Bluedog2

Edited by Hannahraptor
  • Like 1

Wow, what a surprise, never thought that i will have the biggest trap. 

But i´m very lucky with it. 

Will see what my GJ Goliath will produce next year... i will try to get much more than 5cm.. hehe:evil:

Anyway, Hannah, thank you very much for this competiton!

Looking forward to have it again, next year. 

Best regards
Matze

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All those endless hours of care and attention rewarded. Well, not really. Repotted vft's in spring and they were left outside all summer to fend for themselves. Not much of a summer here this year either. Very wet. The plant in the photo is a "Darwin". Thanks Hannah for running the competition and well done Matze. Yes, next year we need one 5+.

Kind regards,

RickyM

• Thanks 1

Congrats to Matze for the monster trap!

Great to see the competition was popular and hope it continues next year. Thanks to all responsible for organising, running and donating prizes.

I agree with Ricky.. be great to see a 5cm+ entry!

• Thanks 1