Pinguicula medusina x gigantea

Ehhh...

Does that media look much to wet?..or is it just me?

I learned to keep mexican's way more dry than this..or is this specific plant an exeption?

Fungus and moulds are lurking everywhere!..the risk is very high like this.

I suggest the media on Stephens picture..

Good luck with the plant anyway Jim..i whish i had it here!

Danny...

Guest Andreas Eils

Hi,

I agree with An D. - lovely shape of the leaves. :yes: Am curious for the flower.

Jim, you mustn´t complain if you DROWN your poor plants! :sun_bespectacled:

Greetings,

An D II :tu:

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Excellent job Stephen, congratulations. My crossings are still quite small. Looking forward to the flower of your hybrid. Keep us up to date.

Bye the way can you tell us something about the conditions? Mine are a little bit struggling at the moment and it would be interesting if it has something to do with the increasing temperature and sun for the plants.

Kind regards

Chris

Edited by C.Weinberger

Chris

as any other Mexican ping, but just damp overwinter like gigantea as no dormancy. Virtually full sun, and at the minute upto 35C. 5C min in winter.

That said they had a brief early summer dormancy and have only just started growing again, perhaps yours are doing the same?

as any other Mexican ping, but just damp overwinter like gigantea as no dormancy. Virtually full sun, and at the minute upto 35C. 5C min in winter.

That said they had a brief early summer dormancy and have only just started growing again, perhaps yours are doing the same?

Thank you very much for your reply, it´s really interesting to know about the summer dormacy. I will have a look on them and they hopefully will survive. Do you have any other Pinguicula crossings (your own) growing?

Cheers Chris

Chris

Hello

Firstly, may I say what a great looking plant.

This extract above confused me a little. Are you saying here that P. gigantea has no winter dormancy?

I grow two forms of P. gigantea (sp. Ayautla and sp. Synalta), both of which display a winter growth mode. This winter growth mode is typical of the P. agnata section of plants i.e. smaller leaves compared to summer growth. not a tight rosette).

Matt.

Guest Andreas Eils
Probably the best Ping hybrid I've seen!

I´d like to second that! :yes: If Christian is growing the same cross he may want to sell me one of his one day. :biggrin:

tend to give all my seed to the CPS seedbank

:shock: Nooooo....send them to me!!!! ;-)

Kindest regards,

Andreas