From The Greenhouse Oct 27

Got the camera out yesterday to photo some more new purchases :(

So also did some of the others which still look good.

The S. rubra's and S. alata's are still going strong and still pitchering. They last SOOOO much longer than the flava's and are probably my favourits :yes:

S. rubra ssp. gulfensis x leucophylla. Only got this last weekend.

rubraxleuco1.jpg

S. rubra ssp. rubra, Long Lid. Another from last weekend.

rubra_long_1.jpg

S. rubra ssp gulfensis

HPIM2909.jpg

S. rubra ssp. alabamensis

HPIM2914.jpg

S. alata.

HPIM2911a.jpg

S x rehderi

HPIM2912.jpg

N. mikei. This plant has done really well for me and seems very forgiving.

HPIM2918.jpg

N. mira. Had this 2 months.

HPIM2919.jpg

N. copelandii (Mt. Apo). Another one that seems to do fairly well for me.

HPIM2920.jpg

Last but by no means least. N. spectabilis x talangensis. This (so far) is growing as well as the mikei. Pitchers now 5.5cm tall and getting bigger all the time. I think this is going to be a stunner :(

HPIM2921.jpg

HPIM2922.jpg

Hope you like them.

I'll do another post to show the developement of this spectabilis x talangensis, later.

Cheers for the nice comments folks :thanks:

Is that spec x talang the BE clone? If so, I have the same and I agree, it's a strong and promising hybrid!

Cheers

Amaury

Yep, the BE clone. I believe they were seed grown plants, so it will be interesting to see how much difference (if any) there is between them as they mature.

What heating will you be using this winter?

Look forward to seeing some Heli photos. :smile:

cheers

bill

You may notice in the copelandii pic, that I've now bubble wrapped the inside of the Nep section of the greenhouse (back 2ft), which is screened off by a curtain of bubble wrap. So at the moment on the few cold nights we've had a single frost buster parrafin heater is doing the job - i've another if needed. Also i've just picked up a larger parrfin heater (£3.21 off ebay), which I can use to warm the whole greenhouse if it gets really cold. But as the greenhouse get the sun on it from almost 1st light until it sets (too early now !!), it shouldn't get too cold in there, for too long.

After seeing the Heli pics you've just posted :biggrin: I don't think I'll bother :oops: as they're mostly still juvernile. Although I may do the couple of adults.