Sign in to follow this  
ilovemyplants

help with venus fly trap sort of confused here

Hello i am wondering if someone may help me to i am a bit confused to what is happening here i have never seen this ever and i mean ever i have had lots of venus fly trap seeds in the picture you will see venus fly trap growing i am not worried about them this is not what this post is about my problem is today i got more seeds of the venus fly try kind so i thought it would be a great idea to add them to the pot with my already growing venus fly traps as i entered the new seeds as you can see the seeds turned white i have never seen this before usually the seed stays black till it has hatch even if it had got wet any ideas WP_20190620_20_15_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.ffae6a98fc75ef8242574d01b777b053.jpg

WP_20190620_20_15_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20190620_20_15_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20190620_20_15_26_Pro.jpg

12 hours ago, Blocky71 said:

Is it like a slimy coating coating ?, if so I'd bet they were basil seeds.....

i dont know i didnt touch them shall i take a picture of the seeds i am currently growing basil the seeds dont look as big as these but i would say the seed is possibly a tiny bit bigger than a dionea

If they're from China they'll be anything other than flytrap seeds.

Reviews mean nothing - look at all the positive reviews of the fake Photoshopped blue flytraps! Yet nobody who has given a positive review has ever germinated a single one because they don't exist.

Throw them in the big and buy some from a European grower.

9 minutes ago, Alexis said:

If they're from China they'll be anything other than flytrap seeds.

Reviews mean nothing - look at all the positive reviews of the fake Photoshopped blue flytraps! Yet nobody who has given a positive review has ever germinated a single one because they don't exist.

Throw them in the big and buy some from a European grower.

ok thanks i have like 50 seeds from a uk seller i will just keep these going i was just wondering had never seen this i am going to remove them now