Any Saving my Darlingtonia?

Netjer

I've had my Darlingtonia on a sunny windowsill for a few months and it's been growing really well - lots of new growth and pitchers getting to about 30cm tall. I have it in an orange pot, sat in a water tray which is then inside a further white pot and it hasn't seemed particularly bothered by the heat we've had in the UK recently.

A few weeks ago I noticed some sort of infestation on it. I don't know what they were, small translucent bugs with large dark sack-like sections at the end which were obviously sucking juices from the plant. I manually removed them and didn't see any more, a week or so later I noticed tons of them again so removed them and gave the plant a spray of Provado. The pitchers very quickly went pale and then brown, losing all their rigidity. Most of the plant is now brown, though a couple of growth points do look green and there are a few little new pitchers popping up here and there.

I've attached a couple of pics - is there much chance of saving the plant? Any advice on what to do would really be appreciated.

IMG_20180728_141218.jpg

IMG_20180728_141227.jpg

Looks like it'll not be much of a looker for the rest of this year! Should come back fine next. 

Not sure what your infestation was but if you can put the plant outside the birds will strip them off fairly quickly.

7 hours ago, Dunc said:

Looks like it'll not be much of a looker for the rest of this year! Should come back fine next. 

Not sure what your infestation was but if you can put the plant outside the birds will strip them off fairly quickly.

Thanks for the reply Dunc, that's very reassuring!

Would you remove any of the dead/dying pitchers?

Provado can burn plants leaves if left in the sun whilst still wet and it would dry them out like that if left next to an open window in a heat wave.The plant would be much better outside