Hello from Chile!

Francisco D

Hi everyone, i'm Francisco writing from Temuco, Chile. The last year i received a VFT typical and some Droseras, and now i'm very interested in VFTs cultivars, droseras and sarracenia. The only problem, like the other people from Chile said, is the fact that in Chile and South America is very difficult to find this plants.

In any case, i will upload the photos of my "small little tiny" collection to the gallery of my profile.

Regards!

Welcome to CPUK, Francisco!

Are there restrictions on ordering plants online? (Those without CITES, Phytosanitary yada yada requirements, that is.) Or seeds?

I am enjoying growing CPs from seed for my VERY first time this year, and have found it really fun. And especially Drosera are quickly rewarding when grown from seed. Unlike plants like Nepenthes, you can get a mature plant quickly. :D

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 1

Are there restrictions on ordering plants online? (Those without CITES, Phytosanitary yada yada requirements, that is.) Or seeds?

I am enjoying growing CPs from seed for my VERY first time this year, and have found it really fun. And especially Drosera are quickly rewarding when grown from seed. Unlike plants like Nepenthes, you can get a mature plant quickly. :D

yeah, as you said, only seeds can enter to Chile, and only VFT, droseras and sarracenias, with phytosanitary. For plants, we take the risk!, obviously with the help of the sender (discretion). For example in the description of the content and his value

I have heard you can grow drosera pretty quick from leaf cuttings...the seeds also grow fairly quickly? Also welcome Francisco!

Edited by Mad_Botanist

Mad,

Definitely depends on the plant, but yeah I have had D burmannii from seed really fast to mention one. Many of them are quick. But leaf cuttings are definitely quick.

Now my "fast" is compared to 3 years to get going VFTs and Neps...so if it takes only a year to be large enough to enjoy, I am calling it fast.