Named clone recomendations

deano

There is a comparison I posted on page 2 of this topic http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50644&st=20

The genuine Hummers Giant (first pic) is quite a green plant but does darken up a bit with lots of sun.

There are unfortunately lots of fakes circulating, especially Hummers, Big Boy and "vigorous clumping"...

There is a comparison I posted on page 2 of this topic http://www.cpukforum...pic=50644&st=20

The genuine Hummers Giant (first pic) is quite a green plant but does darken up a bit with lots of sun.

There are unfortunately lots of fakes circulating, especially Hummers, Big Boy and "vigorous clumping"...

Hmmm, why u think that this plant is only genuine? Would you clarify that?

Edited by dimitar

With the confusion between clones how can you be sure that you are getting the correct plant? I have just got a seedling from Hummers giant which I know could turn out a number of ways, This is why I was asking for recommendations about the clones they are growing.Any one near Oxford who grows these plants or where there is a public display??THanks deano

the only way to be sure of getting any correct clone,is to do your homework first,

read all you can about it,and only buy from a trusted grower.You will be paying for a good clone

cephs have become a sort after plant and the price can be really high for a good plant,you seldom see large plants for sale.

Although you can swap if you have something anybody wants badly enough.

I don't know of any public displays that contain cephs,let alone named clones

ada

Edited by ada

Unless the clone can be traced back to the originator there is no way of ensuring it is genuine. They is so little difference between Cephalotus clones that it is extremely difficult or almost impossible to distinguish them by looks alone.

• Like 3

Hi,

as I wrote in my introduction that I started this hobby again 2 years ago. In September 2012 I bought on ebay UK a Big Boy. Maybe 2 days later I received a mail from Italy, that this plant could be a fake. I mailed this matter to the company from which I had the plant. They answered that the plant which I bought was a real Big Boy. The reason for the mail they said could be, that they are cheaper than the company from Italy.

I think there are a lot of fakes of the diffferent clones are on the market. Why ? To make money. Sorry but I think this is a fact.

Harro

Edited by Harro

Can anyone trace their Hummer's Giant all the way back to John Hummer?

Carl yes I can and even further back than that , and my friend here has the original plants that were of the type that was sent to John

in a thread i compared my Big Donk ceph to my friends Hummer, that comparison plant Hummer is one of the originals now called hummer ,there is another guy here in AU that recon's he still has the original plants as well seems the only surviving from all those years back , and i have spoken to Steven Beckworth very recently, here in Adelaide who sent the original plants to John as well .

so have photos of the true original plant possibly pre hummer naming !.