How can I get a pebble out of a pitcher?

danielfurman634

I bought a sarracenia and a drosera capensis a few hours ago and I found that this amazing pitcher had a pebble stuck in it. I want to save the pitcher as it looks beautiful but I'm not sure how. Also, could someone tell me what species this is. Thanks! :)

26b3335f75b7857521945d6b8c9921ba.jpg

9c48bb986e9339fe79a0746d5cdd9ab5.jpg

Sent from my K4000_PRO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danielfurman634 said:

That would probably make the fluids inside each pitcher fall out...

Sent from my K4000_PRO using Tapatalk

oh yeah I am not a carnivorous plant guy so pls forgive me the only thing I can think of is like slowly pushing it out like you take out those Mr freeze things or put a lollipop stick next to it and roll it up?

Sarracenias don't generally have liquid in the pitchers (or at least, none of mine do, and I have a hundred or so!), so you don't need to worry about that. Even if they did, like Nepenthes, you could just top them up with rain water after turning the plant the right way up.

i would put it gently on one side, and see if you can squeeze the pitcher a little below the pebble that might dislodge it.

If you can't, then I would just leave it. That pitcher may die, but have plenty more on the plant.

Hope that helps

• 4 years later...