Sarracenia "Scarlet Belle"

Ian_P

The latest addition to my cp collection, Sarracenia "Scarlet Belle", arrived this morning.

I think I'll let it settle in for a few days before I move it from the 2 inch pot it's in now.

Not very scarlet at the moment, but it is a young plant and has been in a cardboard box for a few days.

S. "Scarlet Belle"

IMAG0091.jpg

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

This is how Terraworld Tropicals described it on eBay, "Sarracenia "Scarlette Belle" is an amazing natural hybrid between S. psittacina and S leucophylla. It is very similar to "Wrigleyana", however the parents are reversed. In this cultivar S. psittacina is the female plant, S. leucophylla is the male plant. A stunning and vigorous plant." Looks like some false advertising going on!

Regards,

Ian.

Make sure you get a refund!

It's too late for that I'm afraid, I already potted it up into a bigger pot. I'll put it down to experience and buy from reputable nurseries in future!

The plant arrived on Saturday morning, so only 2 days ago. I'll send the seller a message and see what response I get back.

I visited "terra world" tropical's a long time back when I used to work near them at biggin hill, Kent.

It was just a manky locked greenhouse in front of a bungalow, there was no answer even though I'd arranged an appointment.

I'd expect a replacement plant for sure, and as a gesture of goodwill to keep the psitticina for your trouble !.

His/ her feedback is good, I think you'll get a reasonable solution.

Good luck

• Like 1

I got an email today from eBay saying that the seller had refunded the money I paid for the plant and the postage. No mention of wanting the plant returned though, perhaps they don't think it's worth the return postage.

I did ask for a replacement of the correct type, but this wasn't mentioned either, so perhaps all his plants are the same as this one.

This is the second time I've bought a plant from this seller and both times I've had a problem. The first plant, S.Purpurea, didn't arrive, but to be fair they did send a replacement.

Thanks for all the advice, without this forum I'd have been none the wiser and just thought I'd got a really dull scarlet belle!

Best regards,

Ian.

A free Psitticina isn't a bad result Ian !

I don't know how some growers can tell the difference between most of their plants.

If I lost the labels in my pots I'd be proper lost !.

I dunno if you have an ikea near you but they were selling " sarracenia scarlet belle" very recently.

Good luck

Chris

Hi Chris,

There's an Ikea in Wednesbury, which isn't to far away from me.

It was a post on this forum about Ikea selling scarlet belle, that got me interested and it was mentioned that a trader on eBay was also selling them. Guess I should have gone to Ikea!

Still, like you say, a free Psitticina for my trouble isn't bad.

All the best,

Ian.