Do my pings need a dry dormancy?

CatEye

I propagaded several Pinguicula from summer leaves:

Pinguicula ‘APHRODITA’(P. agnatha x moctezumae)

Pinguicula ‘WESER’

Pinguicula agnata

Pinguicula agnata x gypsicola

Pinguicula gracilis x moctezumae

Pinguicula gypsicola

Pinguicula gypsicola x moctezumae

Only one didn't succeed, it was either P. gypsicola or a hybrid with it....

I know that several Pinguicula won't survive if they don't have a dry dormancy, but they still have carnivorous leaves.

Here are pictures of my Pinguicula:

Pinguicula ‘APHRODITA’

Pinguicula agnata

Pinguicula agnata x gypsicola ?

Pinguicula gypsicola or Pinguicula gypsicola x moctezumae

Pinguicula gracilis x moctezumae ?

Should I give them a dry dormancy? ....

Firstly I would be more worried about the big amount of mold that in your pots .

On the ICPS it says that fungicides mean death to Pinguicula. Also the mold is there probably because the soil is fresh. In my experience this mold appears the first month on peat and then disappears....

It depends how you are growing them. In my cool greenhouse I keep my Mexican Pinguiculas bone dry, but that is because the rest of the greenhouse is so wet and almost 100% humidity, if I kept them wet they would rot. If you're growing them indoors or under lights then you can keep them growing if they are happy to keep growing. If they start to go dormant, and form smaller, winter leaves in the centres of the rosettes then reduce watering to at least damp rather than wet. Let the plants decide.

Bonjour

What substrate use you ?

may be some problem with this fungus.

for all my mexican ping , in winter the substrate is slightly damp , in 12°c ,with a good light , completly dry for all my filiform species , except moctezumae.

jeff

My grow list

Edited by jeff 1

I keep mine at a south-facing window sill, with the smaller pots suspended in the red trays. I water occasionally. My substrate is what is called APS (Aquatic Plant Soil). The aim is to have them respond to the naturally occurring photoperiod, along with being completely exposed to the air, with occasional "wetting of their whistle", while winter cools the sill.

005-13.jpg

004-15.jpg

003-14.jpg

002-6.jpg