Eddy for sale

RL7836

While I suspect most of the hard-core Nep-philes are already following this sale - for those who are unaware - Eddy sale. There are also some nice pics of mature Eddy pitchers...

(based on past threads - I know that plants that sell for high prices tend to stimulate people's interest - so - in the interest of sharing ....) (Current currency conversion = 1USD = 0.7694 Euro or 1 Euro = 1.2997USD)

Current bid = $1500 USD

FYI - this isn't my plant - just a free public service announcement ... :sarcastic_blum:

Edited by RL7836

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the world of Neps, why is it that N. edwardsiana is so rare in cultivation? It looks like a beautiful plant, is it because seeds aren't available or trouble getting it into tissue culture?

Cheers,

Mark

Hello Mark,

N. edwardsiana is very rare in cultivation, and only known from a few areas within Kinabalu National Park. The good news is it is protected. The bad news is this apparently translates into even collection of seed is very strongly discouraged. Of course, these plants are slow growing and you need to be very careful not to damage them; I think limited seed collection is a wholly positive interaction and serves to lower poaching incentives, in exactly the same way offering TC plants under cuts poaching.

He only needed the end of his thumb, and what he got was an arm and a leg!

He will never find gloves to fit that :biggrin:

Considering the price of health care here he is probably going to get a wooden thumb for that money....

I hope it will help him pay some of that bill.

Edited by mark.ca

Hi Dave

Thanks for that. It's great to see that it's being protected in the wild, on my current budget though I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that one day a grower manages to get an explant into TC.

Cheers

Hello Mark,

N. edwardsiana is very rare in cultivation, and only known from a few areas within Kinabalu National Park. The good news is it is protected. The bad news is this apparently translates into even collection of seed is very strongly discouraged. Of course, these plants are slow growing and you need to be very careful not to damage them; I think limited seed collection is a wholly positive interaction and serves to lower poaching incentives, in exactly the same way offering TC plants under cuts poaching.