3 plants need identifying

kltower

I bought these three plants. The nursery got these from Holland.

Plant 1, a leucophylla hybrid. The plant is about 12 inch or more tall with 2 inch diameter mouth.

PC301079a.jpg

Plant 2, another leucophylla hybrid. Up to 12 inch tall, 1inch mouth. Hood is whitish and some red.

sarr01.jpg

Plant 3, a frog hybrid. About 9 inch tall and broadest part about 2 inch. Plant is mostly green.

sarr02.jpg

Any idea what they are?

Choong

1 - leucophylla hybrid. Could be any number of leuco hybrids, but nobody knows for sure I'm afraid.

2 - S.x stevensii. Another unknown hybrid, which has been given the name stevensii somehow. It's not correct from a horticultural point of view, but if you call it stevensii, everybody will know what you're talking about.

3 - minor hybrid. You'll never know for sure, but it could be minor x alata going by the bulge at the top of the pitchers.

Unless they already come labelled then its very difficult to find out exactly what they are - I'd simply keep them labelled as hybrids. Otherwise you could and up passing on a wrongly named plant if you guess the ID.

Heather

2 - S.x stevensii. Another unknown hybrid, which has been given the name stevensii somehow. It's not correct from a horticultural point of view, but if you call it stevensii, everybody will know what you're talking about.

Alexis, is x stevensii not:

[[sarracenia leucophylla {Raf.}] * [sarracenia rubra {Walt.} subsp.gulfensis {Schnell}]]

http://www.omnisterra.com/bot/cp_home.cgi?...&search=all

?

Edited by Amar

Yes, it could be synonym for readii, but that particular plant is tissue cultured and found everywhere. It could be any sort of hybrid though - I think it was originally wild pollinated in a private bog garden in Holland full of rubra, leucophylla and purpurea plants and hybrids.