Drosophyllum in Morocco

• 2 weeks later...

I did not see the plants, but somebody told me that Drosophyllum can be found in Morocco at the most northern pointing place near the coast. About straight on over the water from the Spain town of Algeciras. We visited that area 1978 and '79, but unfortunately we did not search for CP.

Hi Fernando,

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd do a quick web search...

http://www.irnase.csic.es/users/teodoro/pdf14.pdf talks about Moroccan populations (amongst other things), and even has some coordinates from sample areas (in table 1), although whether you could actually find exactly where they were from these is debatable.

Perhaps you could also contact the authors of the paper, or dig into some of the references they give, if relevant?

There may be other info. out there, but I stopped at the first one I found...it's getting late & I need to go to bed... :lol:

Andy.

It is interesting that a number of the populations surveyed occured within Eucalyptus plantations.

... and even has some coordinates from sample areas (in table 1), although whether you could actually find exactly where they were from these is debatable.

Actually, with these coordinates and elevation, it is not too hard to find the location using Google Earth. Here is a jpg of the general area of the Eucalyptus site #5. In Google Earth, one simply runs the pointer around the area watching the coordinates and elevation, then zoom in. Cool, huh?

Morroco.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

All though this topic is the age of the dinosaurs, but even so i would like to know if anyone has pictures of Drosophyllum lusitanicum in habitat (Morocco)?

I will be grateful to anyone who can help me.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Edited by Rodrigo