Crazy error statements

Miroslav Srba

It might be discussed anywhere else here, but I have "cosmetic" problem with forum as it provides me crazy, to my opinion absolutely off topic error statements.

E.G. today. I wrote an post, that took me about half an hour to write. Post, and then...

"This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly"

- WTF?

But after checking the post was added.

During last year, I posted three "commercial" offers to sales EU and UK forum. Only 3 posts in a year, in distance at least 2 months and it wrote me, that I am "not allowed to do that, ase there is limit only one post in two weeks" or so? But after checking it was posted well without any poblem.

I am using Firefox + Windows XP.

This is why we suffer a lot of duplicate threads and posts on CPUK because we are being lied too by errors that don't really exist. It's a paranoia conspiracy !

If everyone who suffered this problem got into the habit of ignoring the phantom errors, and open "view new content" in a new window (instead of immediately resubmitting), they would see that their post will nearly always be there. Same goes for "Liking" posts. Totally random and intermittent.

I'm using Firefox 35.0.1 but i don't know if the errors occur using Chrome or IE. It'll be nothing to do with your particular operating system. I'm no expert but I reckon it's more than likely due to a bug in IP Board v3.4.6 ?

Edited by Welshy

Just to mention that I also have the "This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly" message almost every time I'm posting something (public or a PM). I started to just ignore these messages, but it's strange.

I'm using Firefox on my mac.