Any update on the UK Carnivorous Plant society?

MikeP

Why wasn’t  the link for the AGM emailed to all members as a matter of course? I just noticed there is no link in the announcement….

Edited by MikeP

On 5/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, fangfarrier said:

@daveq what’s the best email for @MikeP to ask this question?

Sorry for slow response, I didn't get notified that I'd been mentioned here for some reason.

The [email protected] mailbox is now being actively monitored, so please direct any queries there and we'll make sure you get a response as promptly as possible.

6 hours ago, MikeP said:

Why wasn’t  the link for the AGM emailed to all members as a matter of course? I just noticed there is no link in the announcement….

The current governing document for the society requires that members wishing to attend the AGM register to do so and have their request approved. So it was necessary for us to send the link only to those who had correctly registered. I apologise to anyone who found this confusing or unhelpful.

That really does need sorting out. You can’t have a situation where somebody dives a long way to attend an AGM only to be refused entry because they hadn’t registered beforehand……

Yes I know as I attended it. My point is is it was a physical meeting and you drove to it then you might be more than a little annoyed to be refused entry owing to not having pre registered.

14 minutes ago, MikeP said:

Yes I know as I attended it. My point is is it was a physical meeting and you drove to it then you might be more than a little annoyed to be refused entry owing to not having pre registered.

The AGM invite gave very clear instructions about the need to register and how to do so. I don't think the situation you're describing is very likely at all.

1 hour ago, MikeP said:

Mike. You are delving into the depths of the hypothetical. 
The world is only just coming out of the grips of a pandemic. Physical meets take months of planning and preparation. Physical meets will be advertised months ahead of the date. We will take on board your fears and make sure very clear instructions on how to attend are promulgated ahead of time.

As you attended the AGM, and we thank you for your support, you will have noted there are many new members on the committee and a new trustee. Give us all a chance to take stock of what we have, what are membership needs and what are members want. 
We welcome any constructive advice and help you can offer and, indeed, we look forward to receiving such. 
We will advertise physical meetings and events with clear joining instructions. We will send out the newsletter to our paid up members. We will send timely reminders of membership renewals and how to pay those fees in order to continue enjoying the membership benefits of our Society. But, please,  let us get stock of the tasks in front of us. Half the committee members were only voted in on Saturday and we need to learn our roles and responsibilities before we can perform at peak capacity. 
You will probably be aware from earlier in this thread I too complained about the Society.  You will now also see that I have stepped up to help out. We are always looking for volunteers to help out. Are you interested in helping out?

yours Aye

FF

If it’s straightforward I’m more than happy to help keep the website up to date.

• daveq locked this topic