Sarracenia problems

Platty

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask you for your opinions on the following photos.

The first one I assume is a mite or parasite of some description that has caused the deformation. Should I cut the pitcher off?

And secondly the second a third photos of S. Leucophylla X Goldie and its pointy flower buds. Has anyone seen this before? All my other sarracenia flower buds are rounded. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks,

2020-04-19_12-39-07

2020-04-19_12-39-40

2020-04-19_12-40-07

An aphid might have had a suck on the pitcher, or it might have been slightly damaged when it was very small. Let it carry on it might straighten up. Don't cut it - it'll still photosynthesise no matter how wonky.

Some species, such as leucophylla can produce more pointy flower buds. Flavas are usually more ball like.

Many thanks Alexis. So annoying about the pitcher. It is a nice strong growth too! The plant is sending up some more pitchers. But I don't think they will be as big. Nevermind.

I hadn't noticed the slightly different shape of leuco buds before. I'll look at my species now they are coming up.