Fumagine problem (need advice)

marc80

Hi all,

from this winter I had problems with a black mold, after looking into the problem I discovered it was fumagine. Some growers use fungicide sprayed or watered, anyone with experience? I will post some pictures if required.

Thanks,

Marc

Here you have some pictures. It starts as a black powder, nothing serious, but it finally destroys pitchers. I know the problem is about humidity and ventilation, but now I can't improve my growing conditions. I have heard about tebuconazol, maybe you could recommend any other fungicide that solves problem. This fungus develops over nectar, nor over the plant, so sistemic fungicide maybe don't work.

Kind regards

IMG_20180713_193736571.jpg

IMG_20180713_193725207.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, marc80 said:

Here you have some pictures. It starts as a black powder, nothing serious, but it finally destroys pitchers. I know the problem is about humidity and ventilation, but now I can't improve my growing conditions. I have heard about tebuconazol, maybe you could recommend any other fungicide that solves problem. This fungus develops over nectar, nor over the plant, so sistemic fungicide maybe don't work.

I never have seen such a massive sooty mold in my life before.

Applying chemicals is the absolute wrong way! You will endanger yourself only and you will not get rid off from this this staff!

Sorry, I cannot understand why you cannot get more venting / fresh air?

Place them in the garden, windowsill,... wihtout any additional covering???

BT

good lord and i thought cleaning the odd patch on my nepenthes leaves and pitchers every week was bad enough 

use a soft sponge with water diluted rubbing alcohol, it kills the mold and the leaves cant absorb the alcohol molecules, really it should never have gotten that bad though, dont use anything but water for the insides just in case though

edit: with the amount though you might need to have a pot of warm ro/rain/distilled water and a sponge and try to get most of it off first and then when it starts coming back use the first method to properly kill any that comes back

Edited by Zerbirus