Bugs to keep VFTs healthy

Hi, I'm relatively new to VFTs/carnivorous plants. I've quickly amassed quite a collection of VFTs. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any bugs you recommend keeping with VFTs  in terraria to help keep them healthy.

From what I've read so far, it seems it might be worthwhile getting some springtails to keep in my terraria with my VFTs? Is that right? Any other, readily available bugs?

Hi do you have a garden? 

They would much prefer that than a terrarium, a nice sunny spot with rain water and they will catch their own dinner.

Failing that a nice sunny window, but you will need somewhere cold for winter dormancy.

James

They are on a nice sunny window ledge. I have somewhere for dormancy too.

The post was more should I put any small bugs like springtails in their jars to keep them healthier? I hear that springtails in particular eat any dead material but leave live plants alone.

I may have exaggerated by saying terraria....more like glass jars.

I see, if you can I would definitely try and get them outside but also watch the watering as I'm guessing the jars won't have drainage.

Mine are outside and just fend for themselves other than the watering, you can feed them but it must be live, and maybe only once or twice a month they didn't need a lot.

They are quite self sufficient 

James

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dan, however, I was mainly meaning introducing live springtails into the jars so that they'd eat the dead leaves of my VFTs rather than for the VFTs to eat.

However, I have now tried this and the springtails just died. I think the temps in the jars were getting too hot for the springtails due to the warm weather we've been having in the uk, but at least my VFTs are thriving!