Very cheap humidifier - might be of use to someone

Morning All,

Cheapskates of the World Unite!

Actually I don't know if this would be any good but for £19 it might be worth a look:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/5-litre-ultrasonic-humidifier-a46jy

It is never going to be as robust as Oliver's £30 (!) hydrofogger but it says:

5 Litre Ultrasonic Humidifier
• Improves the quality of dry air• 5 Litre capacity• Variable mist control• Directional mist output
• Dimensions: 260 mm x 200 mm x 320 mm

The user reviews reckon it will run for 48hrs between fills.

Anyone tried something like that?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

I'm using a similar device for my highland terrarium. It's working great, but it's definitely not powerful enough for  a greenhouse!

It's producing mist about 5 min every 1-2 hours which is enough in my case.

I would say just forget it for a set-up bigger than 1x1.5m surface.

Something else to be careful about when you buy this kind of product: if you plan to turn it on and off with an external timer, be sure to buy an "old school" version, with "physical" power button. The new electronic-controlled versions tend to go on "off" if the power is switched off (which is the case with an external timer). When the timer will switch the power on again, it won't work and you would have to press the power button again (absolutely no use to have a timer in this case...)!

I hope I was clear...

Edited by vincent
  • Like 1

Guest Olivermurray7373

In my case I would never buy a room humidifier. Tried one before the hydrofoger , absolute rubbish top end one too. It is the wrong thing. But you may have better experiences than me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In my experience the membrane is the weak point in ultrasonic foggers. I have had a few different types over the years and it is always the membrane that eventually lead to them failing. With some you can change the membrane. I just don't use them any more and my plants don't miss them.