Posting photos from Flickr

SoLongFairWell

Is there a way to down load a picture from Lightroom to a forum post, I use both Lightroom and Elements to edit my pictures and cannot find a way to post direct into my post about me Cephalotus, I tried uploading it to Flickr but then the image link gave access to all my images on Flickr which is not what I want. Is there anyway I can download direct from my albums on my PC.

Photos displayed on forum needs location to fetch, usually it's from the forum's own photo storage or a photo server website. You cannot share fro your own pc as it is not a online server, unless you set it up to be an online server. You can also synchronise your pc album to a cloud storage (photo server) usually via a Mac or some windows program like dropbox.

You can also upload to the forum gallery and link the photo to a post. 

If you upload to flickr and you want to show only the photo without the entire album, Set all your  photos privacy to private and only set the photos u want people to see as public.

OR just share the direct photo link so there will not be a link to show your flick albums. Like the methods I posted 1 page back.

Edited by tish

Thanks both.

No you can't download direct, you have to upload to a photo hosting site first and link to them. Or use CPUK hosting.

What is CPUK hosting and how do I upload to that.

Sorry not into all this uploading stuff.

Thanks both.

What is CPUK hosting and how do I upload to that.

Sorry not into all this uploading stuff.

It's easy. Go to your username at the top of a page and click. In the menu click on "My Gallery". From there you can upload files into folders of your choice. Once you've accepted your photos (after Review and Publish) select a photo and from the Options select "Share with others" (or something like that). A small window is displayed with a few text boxes. Copy out the BBcode (I copy the entries into a text editor before posting) and paste into your post.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
On 4/1/2014 at 12:56 PM, mobile said:

In Flickr:

Click on the picture

Click on 'Share this photo' (box with arrow pointing top right) in the righthand panel

Click on drawing pin

Copy the URL from the box below the pin and paste straight into a forum post...

For example, from my Flickr account pasting this in a post:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mwGXDP][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7270/13474621933_26245c5bc6.jpg[/img][/url]

Will result in this...

13474621933_26245c5bc6.jpg

Thanks.