Grwoing under lights

2LAP

Some of my pings seem to be struggling with the low light levels in my window since some appartments were built localy and winter arrived. I've been inspired by another tread to buy a suitable bulb to grow my mexican pings under, to provide them with more light and more stable conditions.

I've struggled to pull out the important information about growing mexican pings under light from other threads and would appreciate it if someone could provide a simple guide of important points or describe what works for them.

Thanks in advance.

What works for me are cool white, 4100K fluorescent lights, 122cm long. I position them within about 8cm from the plants and run them on timers with a period between 15 and 24 hours per day.

This works for me as well. My lighting setup is nearly identical, with a slightly shorter (14h) photoperiod.

They need such little amounts of light that maybe you could just put a cool white fluorescent bulb in a regular tall lamp and turn it towards the plants. What with the light they're still getting from the window that may be enough and not so cumbersome looking and difficult to set up.