avery Posted December 17, 2007 Report Share Posted December 17, 2007 (edited) Edited December 5, 2010 by avery Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted December 17, 2007 Author Report Share Posted December 17, 2007 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimscott Posted December 17, 2007 Report Share Posted December 17, 2007 Excellent job! Those are the best set of pictures illustrating gemmae. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andreas Eils Posted December 17, 2007 Report Share Posted December 17, 2007 You´re making very good pictures, Avery! Your plants are looking great...and about the gemmae - I have to second Jim! Keep it up! Andreas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daniel O. Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Hi Avery, wonderful well coloured plants and very sharp pictures. Thanks for sharing, Dani Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daniel O. Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Hi Avery, wonderful well coloured plants and very sharp pictures. Thanks for sharing, Dani Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Matthias Jauernig Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Really nice pygmy pics - a feast for my heart and my eyes! The stipula of the D. allantostigma looks great - I'm sure it can be described by a wonderful mathematic formula, but I stray from the subject ^^°. Cheers, Matthias Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimscott Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Really nice pygmy pics - a feast for my heart and my eyes! The stipula of the D. allantostigma looks great - I'm sure it can be described by a wonderful mathematic formula, but I stray from the subject ^^°.Cheers, Matthias Yeah, something with an N-1 in the denominator! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Khelljuhg Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Wow! fantastic plants! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Iggy Posted December 18, 2007 Report Share Posted December 18, 2007 Really crispy pictures!! Fantastic close-ups of the gemmae!! Thanks for sharing them. Iggy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted December 19, 2007 Author Report Share Posted December 19, 2007 Thanks for all your compliments and I will try posting more in the coming future ~ I have just discovered that the quality of the photos uploaded is far inferior to those I saw in my computer ... photobucket resize my photos are they lost a lot of details .... Do you guys know some more photo storage sites which are having higher limit of photo size ?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andreas Eils Posted December 19, 2007 Report Share Posted December 19, 2007 (edited) I wonder if it´s common practice of these free photo hosts to pack the images of their members to save some disk space. I have sent lots of my pictures to a guy who asked for some nice pictures for his website and found out my JPEG´s must have been packed once again! Maybe only a private webhost enables you publishing very high quality images or try flickr.com. However I´m not sure whether flickr.com allows hotlinking. At which resolution have you uploaded your pics? Regards, Andreas Edited December 19, 2007 by Andreas Eils Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted December 19, 2007 Author Report Share Posted December 19, 2007 Thanks for your info, Andreas ~ I think I have resized that photos to a size of 903-600 and each photo should be around 250-300k. I have tried to uploaded a photo to a forum server and here it is. I am not sure whether it could be possible for you to see any difference between them .. http://www.tbg.org.tw/~tbgweb/cgi-bin/atta...a20d_1197992306 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andreas Eils Posted December 19, 2007 Report Share Posted December 19, 2007 I have tried to uploaded a photo to a forum server and here it is. I am not sure whether it could be possible for you to see any difference between them .. Hi, absolutely, I can notice a great difference! The image is a lot better in quality and has 1200 x 797 pixels and is 249 KB big. The same image hosted on photobucket is reduced to ~78 KB. And if you haven´t compressed it to 78 KB yourself then it´s obvious photobucket arbitrarily pack (compress) them! Then best go for www.tbg.org.tw Regards, Andreas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 I was told that ericksoniae is now called omissa ... Isn't it true ?? I have this old plants named "Real ericksoniae" which is not identical to my omissa ... Could anybody help ?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avery Posted April 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark.ca Posted April 4, 2010 Report Share Posted April 4, 2010 (edited) Your omissa ("Real ericksoniae") is really omissa so the other is probably something else. Nice phtos and nicely grown plants! Congrats! Edited April 4, 2010 by mark.ca Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.