EEE 2012 Program

Dear Carnivorous-plant enthusiasts,

cause we still aren't able to finish the EEE-Homepage for the year, we think we have to show you the program for the EEE here first. For more information about EEE 2012 please look here.

So here is what's on:

Program:

Friday, 20th July 2012:

10:00-18:00 Sale / Exchange

15:00-16:00 Lecture: Anja & Holger Hennern – Borneo

19:00 Evening meal - à la carte - at Meyer's (
) - registration required

Saturday, 21st July 2012:

11:00-12:00 Lecture: Martin Hingst - Western Australia, Carnivorous plants and more

13:00-14:00 Annual general meeting of GfP

14:00-15:00 Lecture: Andreas Fleischmann - Brasilien, incl. new Genlisea-species

16:00-17:00 Lecture: Oliver Gluch - Adaptation within genus Pinguicula to different habitats - examples of species from different growth types

19:00 Conference meal - buffet - at President Hotel (
) - registration required

Sunday, 22nd July 2012:

10:00-12:00 Fieldtrip: Wahner Heide - registration required

13:00-14:00 Lecture: Andreas Wistuba - Carnivorous Plants of Brazil

14:30-15:30 Lecture: Stewart McPherson - New forms of Sarracenia

18:00 End of event, dismounting

(subject to modifications)

I hope you like it and we'll have a lot of fun :D

I'll give note when it's possible to register for the meals and the fieldtrip. Please be a little patient.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Edited by Marcus Vieweg
  • Like 1

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for posting some details of the EEE Bonn 2012. I'll copy some of these details to our own members.

Very good to plan some diners at restaurants? How many people can registrate for the dinners?

About the Fieldtrip to Wahner Heide. Which species are growing there?

Good prsentation programme, especially the Pinguicula presentation of Oliver Gluch.

I'm looking forward to going to the EEE!

Take care,

Wouter

Hi Wouters,

thanks for your reply. I will try to answer some of your questions.

The dinner on Friday will be in a Bistro/Bar not too far away from the botanical Garden. Here we only ask for registration to have a number of people, that would like to go there. Everyone will order on their own there.

The dinner on Saturday will be a buffet in the President Hotel. It will be absoultely necessary to register in advance. We will also ask for a fee for that event, which will have to be paied in advance of the EEE after the registration has been done. More details will follow with the homepage soon.

There should be enough space for everyone at the dinners. We should be able to host 100+ people if that is really necessary.

From what i heard, there are some Drosera and Utricularia growing in the Wahner Heide, but i am not really familiar with this area. Maybe Martin can add some more details here.

Christian

Hi Christian,

OK, thanks for the anwers, so I can give as much as possible these info to our members wich I hope they will go to Bonn.

So far, it's looking very good with the evening dinners! Me and my wife are sleeping at the President hotel, so after dinner + taliking and drinking we only have to go to our room and go to sleep.

I hope there will some Orchids growing at the Wahner Heide.

Take care,

Wouter

Hello friends,

regarding the fieldtrip, there are many interesting plants growing in the Wahner Heide, carnivorous plants as well as orchids. The park is also popular for its birds (over 100 species breed there) and the beetles (more than 2500 species are described, many of them among the rarer ones).

At the moment we are planning a good trip route through the area, showing us as many interesting plants as possible for the limited time of two hours. Maybe we will need half an hour more.

As for now, we will visit the Aldrovanda population there - maybe the last one in Germany and one of the few in Western Europe. This will be the main target. Other cps we should see are Drosera rotundifolia and Utricularia australis, the latter should be in flower then.

The tour will be guided by an English speaking park ranger, so there will be a good opportunty for you to get some interesting informations.

There will be some informations about the park on the EEE homepage (in English and German), so you can first have a look if this is interesting for you. If so, we would ask you for binding reservation (same as for the dinners) as we will have to book busses that take you there in the morning and bring you back to the conference at midday.

So - a little bit of patience, we will be ready soon ;-)

Regards

Martin

Edited by Martin Hingst

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

please note that there is only a limited number of participants for the fieldtrip to Wahner Heide!

We can't guarantee to take everybody with us, so the faster you register, the better the chance.

I think there are only space 20 places for interessted people left at the moment. Maybe we can work something out for an other day, but thats not for sure.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Edited by Marcus Vieweg