How do I collect seeds?

Guy

A couple of years ago I planted some CPs in a raised two tier thingy outside.  Since getting a plastic greenhouse, then a proper glass one, the poor things have been ignored apart from watering.  As you can see from the photo, though, they have produced loads of flowers this year.

What's the best way to collect any seeds, please?

Guy

P1010211

Guy the flowers will need to have been pollinated to get any seed from them. If they were outside there is a chance they may have been pollinated by bees and insects, in a greenhouse most growers will pollinate them themselves to obtain seed. You will not know if they will produce any seed until later in the year. Over the Summer the seed pod will swell and by the Autumn it will turn brown and start to split and this is the time to collect the seed.

Dave

Thanks Dave

The plants are outside, so perhaps some helpful insect will have pollinated them.  If so, then there may be some interesting crosses!  I'll wait until Autumn and see if anything happens.

Guy