Flower bud died

alredor

Hey guys,

About a month ago it looked like my Pinguicula laueana was growing a flower bud (you could see the red coloring), but shortly after it just stopped growing and has since turned brown. Anyone have an idea as to why this has happenend? My guess is it got too hot or I watered it too much, but I'm not sure.

I keep it in my kitchen directly behind a window where it can get quite hot as it receives the afternoon to evening sun.717a39f53ab60126f12d6d60a2ad35c6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Very disappointing to lose a laueana flower like that. Was it a recent purchase? If so it could be that the change of environment and adjustment to your windowsill caused the bud to abort.  As moseobe1 said it's likely due to low humidity which I have sometimes found to be a problem with Pings kept indoors where heating tends to dry the air. I keep all mine in a greenhouse now and have found this tends to be less problematic.  Some of your outer leaves (top of picture) look like they may be drying out too.  Perhaps you could keep it in a terrarium or use some type of cover to raise the humidity.