Starting collection of Sarracenia

Deltatango301

ventilate it well over winter to avoid mould issues,the cold wont hurt them at all.

I have put some up for sale,yesterday.I don't know if you will be able to see the sales part of the forum yet?

ada

There's triffid nurseries in Suffolk, although Andys plants may start to look a little bedraggled now as their older pitchers start to go brown, south west carnivorous are a great visit as well, Alastair spent half a day with me talking to me about all manners are CP's and giving lots of great ideas. I know that's a bit further but if you have a day spare I really recommend it. You can learn so much from a guided tour so to speak. Many nurseries are not open to public but most do allow you to visit if you ask. I also recommend the book: 'the savage garden' by Peter d'amato. It's like my bible of CPs and contains great advice for any level of grower.

Hope this helps :)

cant emphasise enough the ventilation point above. Had a Hants Collection mold as I didn't provide enough. Lesson learned....

as for the cold Norn Iron was bitter to say the least this last year or two. clocked as low as -19 at some points. The Sars were outside in a bog and covered with some sheeting, did them no harm at all. When the wind blew it away the snow kept them insulated.