Tuberous sundew care

Mujician

HI,

after a relatively successful two years of keeping carnivorous plants outside, I have just bought a few plants to go inside. Mostly Drosera binata (my computer wants to call it drosera banana!) - I also have one cheapness and a couple of flat rosette looking drosera that came in a pot with a fly trap I got. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to look after the binata and captains, but is the care for tuberous dross any different? Do they like to be stood in water during the growing period and then just kept damp while they go dormant? - While I'm at it - is that the same for pygmy drosera too? Many thanks, Ben

Hi

My Binata was frozen solid for a week or more this winter and all are sprouting now, so why grow it inside, mine grow well and look good in small hanging baskets as they can droop....not sure what  captains are.  Not sure what one cheapness is either. I must be just being thick.

It will probably make sence soon.

Ian.

Both cheapness and captains should be capensis - attack of the autocorrect! I have it inside because I want the plants to produce the sticky liquid on the leaves. Either way, that doesn't answer the tuberous question! Thanks for your concern.

Thanks for the link Dan.

I'm ordering some seeds as tuberous plants don't seem to be readily available - I'm going for Drosera gigantea "Cervantes, WA", and Drosera auriculata "Short Red Form, Grampians, Vic" both from triffid nurseries. Where is the best place to find info on germination? All I've found on ICPS site is don't throw the pot away if they don't germinate the first year!

Any tips would be great, thanks.