N. bellii male flower

Chris W.

Hi,

my male N. bellii is going to flower in the next 3-6 weeks. I could send some pollen if anybody is interested.

Here is what lower pitchers look like. They can be very long-living (my oldest pitcher was about 1,5 years old).

16437259872_32cff7ef35_c.jpg

Best regards,

Chris

• Like 2

The soil I use for this plant is peat mixed with pine bark. It grows at room temperature, there is no heater but extra light during winter. That's all, it has always been a good growing plant and now it has reached about 1.5m.

• Like 1

That is interesting. I wish I could grow mine in open room but I have cats so can't do it. I have it in a terrarium but have been noticing that maybe it would like a less humid environment (the leaves look thin and sloppy rather than waxy and strong). The last one I had died in a heated lowland terrarium with high humidity. Now it's in another, cooler terrarium but still quite humid. The mother plant died but a basal shoot has grown and it's putting up bigger and bigger leaves. My soil is almost antirely perlite with a little bit of LFS.