Fungicide?

Hey, ive been ready posts about,fungus growing on peoples soil. Like the insects, its scared me and made me want something just incase! Id prefer something not too toxic, stuff thats really hazardous scares me!

Can you please tell me how to apply, any dilutions, hazards and if possible where to buy (in uk).

Also, is it easy to notice fungus on a plant? Is it hairy? Ive noticed concerns of black dots on sarrs, mine have some in dead patches but they arnt hairy and dont spread around the pitcher.

Thankyou,

Hayden

Hi Hayden,

Look for a fungicide containing myclobutanil, such as Bayer Garden Systhane Fungus Fighter or Fungus Clear 2 Gun to name two. Instructions are supplied with them. Some plants do not like it, such as sundews, so you might want to check on the forum before applying it to a particular plant. I've seen white fungus growing on some of my planting surfaces but it doesn't appear to harm the plants. Fungus is often a sign of wet conditions with inadequate ventilation, so you may want to look at the cause.

Carl

Thank Carl, ill get one of them on order tonight :)

These products are often available in local garden centres or DIY stores. I have both and I think I got one from Focus and the other from B&Q.

Hayden

I'm sure most people will not worry about fungus on soil, infact some peats just seem prone to it, not sure why though. I certainly dont spray my soil for this.

If you are concerned about a fungus on your pitcher why not post a photo and hopefully someone will confirm if it is indeed a fungus, there is no sense in sprying unless it is needed. Best to try not to overuse fungicides or insecticides.....

Pitchers will sometimes die off in areas, sometimes its down to indigestion.....post a photo is you arent sure.

I tend to pick up any insecticides or fungicides from garden centres or B&Q, saves on postage!

Hey, ive been ready posts about,fungus growing on peoples soil. Like the insects, its scared me and made me want something just incase! Id prefer something not too toxic, stuff thats really hazardous scares me!

Can you please tell me how to apply, any dilutions, hazards and if possible where to buy (in uk).

Also, is it easy to notice fungus on a plant? Is it hairy? Ive noticed concerns of black dots on sarrs, mine have some in dead patches but they arnt hairy and dont spread around the pitcher.

Thankyou,

Hayden

I have black dots on my sarrs I have opened a post on it so read it up and It would help if you can post some pictures.