Utricularia graminifolia in Taiwan

I visited Xizhi (a place right next to Taipei) and took photographs of Utricularia graminifolia and a Drosera species growing in the wild. The location is the same as that in this thread: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44069&hl=graminifolia. I give my thanks to numpty for telling me how to reach this place. 

This was my second time seeing carnivorous plants in the wild, after Utricularia striatula. The place was right next to a road and there was water continuously flowing through a drainage ditch. The side of the road was completely covered by Utricularia graminifolia and there were not that many other plants growing there. The Drosera appeared to be doing well but I expected to see more. The plants weren't really blooming but I did manage to get a few photographs of flowers. 

8we6me.jpg

16koqch.jpg

Closeups of the Drosera (maybe spatulata?)

2emfomu.jpg

v5gaaw.jpg

You can see a flower in the background. Apologies for the poor quality.

2cmm8b8.jpg

s5jkbc.jpg

You can see a pipe at the top which is probably why the place is so wet.

ae5is2.jpg

Some of the Utricularia was growing submersed in the ditch.

2ccryq9.jpg

21otz5d.jpg

A side view of the place. Sorry, I don't know how to rotate photos in Tinypic. 

2941kyb.jpg

156qtqo.jpg

zkhl36.jpg

adoho1.jpg

I like this picture because you can actually see the bladders.

f38dpw.jpg

A view of the surrounding area

• Like 1

Nice to see your photos! Yes, that's D. spatulata, most common by far of Taiwan's Drosera. There are a few spots where D. indica and burmannii grow, but I haven't visited them. (Well, I tried to visit one wetland near Hsinchu a couple of years ago, only to find it was inside a military base!)

Incidentally, I passed the Wulai site yesterday while looking for tree frogs, and there wasn't a single flower of U. striatula that I could see.

Made any more field trips recently?

• 2 weeks later...