D. tomentosa var. glabrata x riparia

Hello together,

and here is the next one, it´s D. tomentosa var. glabrata x riparia.
I know, nothing special after the hybrid between D. tomentosa var. tomentosa and riparia worked.
Of course the plants look nearly identical.
I have sown them out 13 months ago and some of the plants seem to be mature now, in fact this hybrid also seems to be a relatively fast and easy grower, the biggest plants about 4cm in diameter.
Because of feeding this new hybrid is more greenish for the moment but this for sure will change.
The D. tomentosa var. glabrata is from ´Serra Do Caraça, Minas Gerais´, D. riparia is from ´Chapada Diamantina, Mucugê, Bahia´.

If anybody has not seen my topic about D. tomentosa var. tomentosa x riparia, here it is: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51388

And here it is, D. tomentosa var. glabrata x riparia.
P1370596a_zps4464549d.jpg

P1370597a_zpse3f47cff.jpg

P1370608a_zpsb71efde1.jpg

In the leaf apex D. tomentosa var. glabrata ´Serra Do Caraça´ has longer tentacles with a rectangular head, this hybrid also has them as you can see in these pictures.

P1370623a_zps11c46bfe.jpg

P1370618a_zps97621a60.jpg

P1370616a_zps3b1653f4.jpg

P1370629a_zpseae1b3a7.jpg

Comparison between D. tomentosa var. tomentosa x riparia (left) and D. tomentosa var. glabrata x riparia (right)
P1370637a_zps9593ddde.jpg

Comparison between the parents and the hybrid, in the middle is the hybrid (right D. tomentosa var. glabrata, left D. riparia)
P1370641a_zps90a28b2a.jpg

I hope you like this new hybrid.

Best regards,
Dani

• Like 1

Many thanks to both of you. :smile:

@Fernando, no problem, i will send Carlos some seed so he can spread them in nature :laugh2: , little joke.

@Wolfgang, of course more pictures of hybrids will follow.

Meanwhile the first flower stalk is visible and of course this time it´s not hairy at all.

P1370646a_zps1afdafb3.jpg

P1370648a_zpsda4fa267.jpg

Best regards,

Dani

• Like 2

• 3 months later...