Maybe mildew?

fliffy_stitch

Hi, I was watering my cephalotus today and I noticed what looked like it might be mildew starting on them, I saw it first a couple of weeks ago but I thought it was just dust because they are kept inside, now i think it might be mildew. I am not sure whether I should spray them or not, I moved them a little closer to a window that is opened most days for a few hours to give them a little more ventilation. I almost can't believe how well they have grown over the summer, thay have all grown so many new pitchers that I had to cut the rims of of the pots to let them spread out. They are definately my favourite plants now so it would be a shame if the mildew did them any harm. You can see in the pics how much they have grown, the first one was taken in june I think and the second one today. Does anyone have any advice on what to do about the mildew? Thanks.

Ceph1.jpg

P9120067.jpg

Ok thanks, I have Scotts Fungus Clear 2 which contains 0.075g/L myclobutainil, has anyone here used that before? Also when I spray them do I need to avoid getting it in the traps or does it matter, and should I give them a good soaking with it or just a light spray? Is the mildew likely to do them any serious damage?

Thanks.

Edited by fliffy_stitch

I have moved them a to be beside to a window that gets opened most days, they were almost in a corner with larger pots on either side and small ones in front of them (to make sure that the cat didn't knock them off the windowsill) so there may not have been enough air movement around them, hopefully moving them to the window will help a bit? I'm going to spray them later this evening too. Thanks for the advice!