Drosera ascendens night temperatures.

Greg Allan

Hi, Greg

Well the plant that I have is kept in an open glasshouse (door, roof vent, and louvre vent), daytime temps are useually in the mid 20deg C.'s and night-time drops down to aroung 10-15deg C.

I think (I may be wrong though), that as long as there is a good temp change between day and night temps, it should grow just fine. Also as long as the plants are not 'baked' in the mid-day sun!

:wavey:

Langy

I have found DRAMATIC growth differences with my adult Ascendens plants when I place a frozen bottle of water in its water tray at night on these warm summer nights!

That is definitely worth considering for my South American Drosera during the Australian Summer. I think I might give it a go as the temps on most nights don't drop a large amount.

Yeah Greg. I've not noticed any apparent differences with other plants surrounding my bottled glacier but I place it in between my Ascendens, N. Glabrata, N. Hamata, N. Eyemae and Heliamphoras and I think they all appreciate the effort!

The Ascendens though definately produces more petioles, is dewy and stickier and generally looks healthier.

Try it... but be careful as these South Americans are quite variable in typology and such!