FLOWER STEM PROPAGATION

stumorph

Hi to all I would like some advice I read some article on using flower stem of VFTs and that they can produce young plants but it did not describe how this is done can some one help please ,do i have to let it flower ? do i use the stems a whole or is cut into sections? is the stem inserted upright into peat or does it lay down ? I have the Adrian Slack book but he only desribes using leaf as propagation

thanks in advance

Stuart :negative:

Edited by stumorph

I'm experimenting with this too, Mike King told me how to do it last year at his open day but unfortunately between then and now ive totally forgot =/ however i have just cut the stem off and just inserted it into the pot, i haven't buried it or anything just left the top part sticking out of the soil, not sure if i was supposed to use rooting powder or anything though, so i guess ill just have to wait and see if it works =P

• Like 1

I'm experimenting with this too, Mike King told me how to do it last year at his open day but unfortunately between then and now ive totally forgot =/ however i have just cut the stem off and just inserted it into the pot, i haven't buried it or anything just left the top part sticking out of the soil, not sure if i was supposed to use rooting powder or anything though, so i guess ill just have to wait and see if it works =P

thanks for your reply hopfully we might both get some info on this

I've got a few flower stems coming up too (including one extra-thick) so I'll try this again. The last time, the little pin-heads appeared, then the whole stem died :ireful2: